Section manager PDU 4G5G Baseband SW development, to lead a fantastic team and latest technology
We work with the latest generation of broadband wireless technology 4G and 5G. Our unit is responsible to systemize, design, implement and test software features to control the air interface.
We are looking for a section manager to the development group department. The unit is responsible for the baseband SW within the eNodeB. This includes developing features and functionality in the areas MBB (Mobile Broad Band) for 4G and 5G, such as massive MIMO, IOT, AI and millimeter wavelength technologies.
As Product Development Leader, your main task will be to secure Ericsson technology leadership and make sure we have the right scope, quality, time and cost for product development. You will coach, challenge and develop individuals, teams and the organization. We want you to continue to build and foster a creative and learning culture. As a manager, a large part of your work will be spent in tight co-operation with colleagues in your team, but also with other units, located in Kista, Ottawa and Beijing. This requires a keen interest in people and an ability to empower teams. We also expect you to have the gift and courage of simplifying complex structures, to develop competence and innovation. You must have good understanding of agile and lean R&D development.
You will report to the department head of development group in Lund and be a member of that leadership team. Your team consists of one cross functional teams (XFT) and a key functions including a senior test focused team The unit is based in Lund.
• You will be required to drive technology and product leadership
• Flow optimization
• Innovation and improvements
• Knowledge sharing and learning
• You are a strong, result-oriented leader with focus on finding effective and sustainable solutions while being pro-active, empowering, pragmatic and able to make things happen.
• Technical education on university level required.
• Experience with real-time embedded/DSP programming is required.
• Experience in working with feature verification of LTE and/or WCDMA radio network verification is required.
• Experience in working with radio baseband or radio protocols is required.
• Experience in being a team leader or manager in software development.
• Respect for dead-lines and ability to motivate people under high workload is required
• Strong leadership skills in line with Ericsson core values.
• Interest and good understanding of the concepts of Lean and Agile ways of working.
• Find it stimulating to work with teamwork, have a genuine interest in people and be a good communicator. You should also have the ability to work across organizational boundaries.
• Large degree of flexibility and willingness to take on different tasks.
• Business and customer focused with a high accountability to deliver results.
• Coaching & Mentoring Skills
• Negotiation Skill
• Formulating strategies and concepts
• Strong result oriented and finds it stimulating to work with change management and teamwork/cooperation across the organization.
• Good English language skills in both writing and conversation.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Lund || R&D
Req ID: 263138