Data Scientist - Data Engineer
Ericsson is a world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology for telecom operators and other industries. Today, more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic goes through Ericsson networks in over 180 countries, and we support customers’ networks servicing more than 2.5 billion subscribers. Using innovation to empower people, business and community, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. They share a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning and growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
- Design, Implement and Automate Data munching activities for Advanced Analytics projects.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL , ‘big data’ and cloud technologies.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Support the Team of Data scientist by building data pipelines, Feature Engineering and Feature extraction.
- Build Scalable solution from Prototypes by co-working with Data Scientist.
- Build scalable API's and expose AA services.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across projects
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Expert programming abilities in Python.
- Good Experience in building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience in model implementation on Big Data platforms including model parallelization across different nodes
- Experience in machine learning applications of online scoring problems
- Experience in stochastic optimization problems
- Experience in social media analytics and graph based models
- Learning and researching
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Applying expertise and technology
- Adapting and responding to change
- Planning and organizing
Education / Experience Required (In Years)
- We are looking for a candidate with 3-5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science and Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Expert level Programming skills in Python.
- Working Knowledge in Web frame like FLASK and DJANGO
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Exposure to visualization Tools ( D3.js, Anjular.JS)
- Experience working with cloud Platforms.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Work location would be Bangalore but this role requires flexibility to travel.