Solution Architect - NDO Technical Lead
We are now looking for a Solution Architect, who will be responsible for analysing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for the customers. In this role, you will also be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals.
· Drive End to End from Network Design to Acceptance on multiple technologies and multiple streams under the NDO domain, including but not limited to:
o Include link budgets analysis
o Initial system design and dimensioning
o System dimensioning for coverage and capacity including traffic analysis
o Coverage planning, site identification, evaluation, NW planning, interference analysis and optimization using EDOS DP
· Proposal for coverage/capacity enhancement, Network optimization to meet the acceptance target.
· Provide a Global Overview of the network status, identifying all potential actions to improve the network
· Customer engagement in advanced technical discussions to understand customer requirements and propose strategic advice and direction
· Provide Radio network strategic and architecture planning, ensuring robustness, scalability, interoperability, and appropriate technology
· Able to suggest parameter changes, features for KPI improvement GSM/WCDMA/LTE network.
· Responsible for Final Acceptance of the network, to meet the requirements coverage and KPI.
· Work across disciplines at any point in the project lifecycle, from strategy to design to implementation to operations and maintenance
· End to End process review to strengthen and optimize solutions, processes and methodologies leading to higher efficiency and quality assured delivery
· Engagement with Managed Services teams to plan and coordinate common activities and develop synergies leading towards common goals
· Setup governance processes to ensure all individuals and Service Center (SDU / SCU) from different project streams are performing at the expected levels and adhering to agreed SLAs
· Setup alignment, communication, and processes between NDO and other project streams including NRO, Sales, EP and MS
· At least 10+ years of multi technology experience in Radio Networks Design, Optimization, Strategic Planning, and Solutions.
· Must have team leading and management experience.
· Must have customer facing and engagement experience especially with senior management (CxO Level)
· Extensive work experience designing, tuning, and optimizing high-capacity wireless GSM, WCDMA, HSPA+ and LTE networks using RF engineering technology.
· Good hands on experience on Ericsson NW Design Tools, Radio Products, and Solutions (GSM, WCDMA and LTE).
· Good understanding of advanced and complex radio networks to be able to assist with advanced optimization and creative design solutions.
· Excellent communication and inter personal skills for effective communication and relationship development with customer.
· Market insight, up to date with new developments in related technologies and product Financial understanding.
Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor/Master’s degree and above in Electronics and Communication or relevant fields.
· 10 years of versatile experience in Planning of Radio Networks
· Strong Experience on EDOS Tools – ACP, AFP, ERA, TPS, ECO
· Good command on MS Office especially MS Excel and PowerPoint and Hands on experience with common tools (TEMS, MapInfo, ACTi, Nemo, ITK, AMOS etc.)
· Planning and Organizing skills, Knowledge of business plans, customer requirements, and market.
· Trainings and Certifications for various technologies and products.
· Ability to work under pressure and learn independently.
· Good presentation, time management and leadership skills & ability to work with diverse backgrounds
· Result oriented with focus on customer satisfaction and project delivery
· Fluent English, both written and spoken.
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and create a more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: South Africa (ZA) || || Johannesburg || ServEng
Req ID: 263064