Digital Hardware Developer - Ericsson Radio Link Product Development
As a hardware developer you will be a part of the Radio Link hardware product development organization developing and maintaining Ericsson’s cutting-edge microwave transport products. You will play an important role in one of our autonomous hardware teams consisting of five to ten highly motivated, experienced and skilled hardware developers that together have the full hardware responsibility for several Ericsson MINI-LINK products. Our focus is on Lean and Agile ways of working, hence continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is valued a part of the daily work. In your role as a hardware developer, you will get the opportunity to drive activities such as requirement analysis, design simulation, integration, verification, production support, product lifecycle management and documentation. Apart from a stimulating working environment we will further offer you competence development opportunities and possibilities to gain both professional as well as personal growth.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Responsibilities and tasks for a hardware team member with focus on digital design:
- Engineering of low and high speed digital designs
- Integration of PCB components (such as baseband, DSP, FPGA, CPU and, Ethernet Switch)
- PCB schematics design and PCB layout support
- Board simulations and evaluations
- Integration of circuit boards with in -house developed software and mechanics
- Verification of circuit boards and products in well-equipped labs
- Provide production support and act as interface in hand-over of products from development to the manufacturing organization
- Troubleshooting, root cause analysis and customer support
- Drive continuous improvements and innovation of products and processes
- Requirement management and design documentation
- Hardware quality assurance and follow-up
Competencies and Qualifications
Key competences for a digital hardware developer:
- Experience and interest in electronics hardware design (digital and/or analog) is seen as essential
- Curious and solution-oriented personality
- A true team player that enjoys working in teams
- Result oriented and innovative mindset valuing high quality results and customer expectations
- Good communications and networking skills (English)
- Previous experience of Lean and Agile development methods is seen as a merit
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics or similar
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within the field of digital and/or analog hardware development is preferred
MINI-LINK the Most Popular Microwave Solution in the World
The increasing complexity of today’s and future networks require flexible and well-integrated microwave nodes for mobile backhaul. Building an efficient operator grade microwave backhaul network with end-to-end performance in mind, requires high node capacity, compact and modular building practice, cost obsession and features that respond to demanding customer needs.
As part of the Ericsson Radio system MINI-LINK is a powerful and cost-efficient network node fulfilling the requirements of the mobile broadband evolution, including 5G.
You will be part of a high performing organization which works with an agile methodology in cross functional teams. Our teams drive the evolution of Transport products from analysis, design and verification including deployment and release in customer networks. You will also have the opportunity to be innovative in your daily work and broaden your skill set to meet the fast pace of the telecom industry in an inspiring working environment.
Deadline for applications: 18th February
Tag: HJ SWEHJ
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || R&D
Req ID: 262966