Expert Analytics - Student: Java/Scala Developer / Big Data Backend Developer
YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination.
Ericsson Hungary is looking for Expert Analytics - Student: Java/Scala Developer / Big Data Backend Developer.
We are now looking for a Student Java/Scala Developer / Big Data Backend Developer to develop and maintain numerous backend applications - using state of the art big data technologies – that provide majority of the data and insights seen on various UIs in the Ericsson Expert Analytics portfolio.
Ericsson Expert Analytics is a powerful new tool offered to telecom operators producing immediately actionable customer insights in real time. Backed by specialized metrics for predicting customer satisfaction, Ericsson Expert Analytics provides the kind of deep understanding of customer behavior that allows service providers to proactively improve experience, satisfaction, average revenue per user and Net Promoter Score.
We are expanding our Budapest Expert Analytics development and support organization. We work in small teams that use Agile methodology to keep up in a fast paced business environment, we closely cooperate with Ericsson Research, customer units and service delivery organization. Our product platform combines Big Data methodologies and solutions with our unique complex event processing to create a state of the art analytics and decision management system.
- Work closely together with the cross functional team members and other teams in the organization
- Develop, maintain backend components that deliver Telecom Insights on top of Expert Analytics
- Create supporting tools and best practices
- Currently in Bachelor or Master Program majored in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Communications, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or similar
- Can work at Ericsson premises as intern no less than 6 consecutive months
- Hands on experiences with Java
- Strong team spirit and being self-motivated
- Proven quick leaner in technical domains
- Open minded and willing to take challenges
- Good command of English
What we offer:
You'll have the opportunity to:
- Work in a great team
- Get involved in software development from design and implementation through verification to production troubleshooting
- Work closely with the following technologies, concepts:
- Scripting languages (Python, Groovy)
- Git, Jenkins
- Real-time, streaming processing technologies (Kafka, Spark Streaming, etc.)
- Big Data storage technologies / very large databases ( Impala/ Greenplum / Hadoop-over-SQL / Spark etc.)
- Data analytics methodologies, machine learning principles
- Test driven development
- And a lot more..
- Possibility to build your career
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment
- Professional communities
- Professional training courses
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (recreation room, bicycle storage, parking lots)
- Right next to the BME and ELTE campus, in a brand new building
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision & core values. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || || Budapest || R&D; Stud&YP
Req ID: 262965