Cloud Native Microservice Developers with focus on Security
Here’s the deal
As the tech firm that enabled the mobile internet connectivity around the world, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. Ericsson Packet Core has never had a greater opportunity to drive change; setting the bar for technology to be inclusive and accessible; empowering an intelligent, sustainable and connected world.
We are on a quest, we´ve promised to never stand still; relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. This demands from all our people the creativity to discover, the accountability to deliver and the courage to remove complexity wherever it presents itself. Your commitment to these qualities will always be expected, and never go unnoticed. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that'.
Tech you’ll master
With us at Ericsson Packet Core you’ll be part of the next step in our development of our products. We enable millions of simultaneous connected mobile users while handling traffic from IoT to 4K video in Gbit speeds. All of this in a virtual deployment using containers. For this you will learn to master cutting edge technology in IP networks, distributed real time embedded systems.
The Ericsson Gothenburg office with our beautiful scenery and modern facilities is located at Lindholmen. We’re next to Chalmers and the university, with other cutting-edge tech companies and the Lindholmen Science Park as our closest neighbors. We have plenty of opportunities for learning, networking and collaboration in this vivid and energetic area, where art and science meet. There are also a wide range of restaurants for your convenience.
Ericsson Packet Core is currently looking for software developers that have a genuine interest in computer/network security and in cloud native technologies and tools, to develop security related microservices and features for our 5G products as well as for re-use in other products in the company.
We stand at the forefront of Agile software development, using methods and principles like Lean and Scrum. Early customer and stakeholder feedback is a key element in our development process which is based on Continuous Integration SW practices. We rely on team collective responsibility to complete all tasks according to a prioritized backlog. Our teams are cross-functional, self-organizing and highly independent. You’ll be working directly with your Product Owner and stakeholders in a collaborative manner. This requires maturity and a ‘team first’ approach, which we believe is the best way to create great software.
The team will design, implement and test the feature, product and system from requirements to production and commercial deployment. We use CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Development) flow and philosophy, with pipelines designed for as-a-Service and to enable DevOps, with fast feedback loops. We believe in test driven development (TDD) and therefor competence in test case development and execution is valuable.
- You are passionate about what you do which is obvious from your actions
- You have a talent for software development and computer systems. Your love to discuss software development and are comfortable about sharing this knowledge
- You are continuously developing your knowledge through experience, as well as reading and experimentation
- You love troubleshooting and digging into complex problems
- You have focus and ambition to understand customer needs on developed features
- You take pride in understanding the whole product and its environment
- Software is more than just a job for you
Technologies we use and need to master
As the microservices we develop are highly independent from each other, the used programming language might vary from microservice to microservice. With that said, here is a non-exclusive list of tech we use:
- C/C++, Erlang, Python, Go, Java
- Development on Linux
- Containers & Virtualization: Kubernetes, Docker, KVM, VMWare, Helm
- Service Based Architecture, Microservices
- Git, Gerrit, Jenkins
In addition, we need to master these security skills:
- General security design knowledge
- Container and Kubernetes security design
- Risk and threat assessment
- Key and certificate management
- Hardening methods in general and specifically for container and microservices
- Security test methods, such as penetration testing with fuzzing
- Secure coding guidelines on the above mentioned languages
- MSc/BSc level in Computer Science or the equivalent level of knowledge
- Computer Security experience
- Fluent in English, written and verbal
Can you see yourself here: https://play.ericsson.net/media/t/1_4uzjsc8u ?
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || IT
Req ID: 262956