Software Developer Trainee
Ericsson IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) is a core network solution that delivers rich real-time communication services for both consumer and business users over any access network and for any device types, including smartphones, tablets, wearables, laptops and fixed phones. Examples of communication services are HD voice (VoLTE), Wi-Fi calling, enriched messaging, enriched calling with pre-call info, video calling, HD video conferencing and web communication. Virtualized Network Function (VNF) based IMS networks are deployed globally. Our team in Finland is part of IMS development organization working with these VNFs as well as cloudification of the VNFs.
We're looking for future software engineering superstars' who are eager to learn the high-end technology areas, such as cloud computing, real-time, large-scale distributed systems, networking and data storage, security and data stream processing. As a trainee you have an opportunity to design, test, deploy or maintain software solutions that power future nerworks. You're confident about your technical skills and eager to learn. You are ready to tackle challenges working together with your agile team on virtualized network functions and cloud technologies.
We offer full-time or part-time employment depending on your needs.
- At least second or third year MSc/BSc student in Computer Science, Communication Engineering, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: C, C++, Java, Python
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Comfortable with modern software development tools
Seen as advantage:
- Experience with open source projects
- Knowledge of IP networks
- Knowledge about Big data and analytics
- Experience with cloud and application platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, MS Azure
- Experience or interest in networking technologies/concepts such as Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Functions Virtualization (NFV)
- Solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for large-scale distributed software systems.
- Linux Kernel Programming
- One or more of the following terms sound extremely familiar: OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes
We offer You
- Possibility to learn and develop together with others in a truly international company
- Possibility to shape the future and innovate Technology for Good
- Competitive Ericsson benefit package
- Different clubs and other leisure activities with amazing colleagues; free gym and tennis & football field just to mention a few
Learn more about Ericsson Finland:
Apply now or latest by 30th of April!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Finland (FI) || || Jorvas, Kirkkonummi || IT
Req ID: 262919