Integration Engineer Job stage 6
We are looking for an Integration Engineer with automation experience to design and develop and drive test automation across BSS solutions. This will include establishing automation infrastructure, creation of test strategy, design of test cases and scripts, and execute and analyze the results.
Primary Job and Responsibilities:
- You will design and script functional, sanity and regression test scripts for BSS solutions.
- You will test automation design, development and execution for service level & GUI level testing
- Will collaborate with off-shore team to understand the automation requirements for multiple environments supporting Prepaid and Postpaid
- Support offshore automation test team based on defined schedule and milestones
- Create and maintain all testing artifacts. Log and track defects to closure in ALM such as Jira or Rally
- Create comprehensive test strategy for automation testing needs for all testing phases, system, System Integration/End to End, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Design and execute stress and load testing using Load Runner, JMeter for critical business flows and applications.
- Collaborate with Developers, System Architects, Application owners to understand performance and scalability requirements for all applications and business work-flows.
- Create and maintain all testing artifacts. Log and track defects to closure.
- You will support pre-sales activities, including pre-studies
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Candidate should be a high-performing test automation expert, preferably using Robot Framework and Python, having the ability to train and mentor other automation analysts on the effective design and implementation of various test automation frameworks as needed.
- Education: Academic degree, minimum of bachelor level, in computer science, engineering (IT, Telecom)
- Minimum of 5-10 years of progressive testing and test automation experience
- Advanced experience with driving test automation through the use relevant tools.
- Advanced experience and competency using standard test automation methodologies and direct scripting and coding
- Advanced knowledge of test automation tools, frameworks, design approaches, and effective implementation techniques
- Advanced experience working with highly complex target application environments (i.e. combination of client, web, middleware, database, third-parties, etc)
- Strong technical and testing skills - Knowledge of various software testing strategies and approaches
- Requires little supervision, self-starter that can work independently and collaboratively, while remaining effective at reporting status on tasks daily. Very detail oriented
- Strong communication skills - Ability to communicate and document status and complex issues effectively
- Strong documentation skills – Ability to create clear, concise, detailed project artifacts that meet the standards of the Testing Center of Excellence and Software Quality Management process
- Illustrated experience and competency with at least one programming and/or scripting language – preferably Python, Java/C# and VBScript or Perl
- Experience with testing applications that make heavy use of web services
- Experience with technologies such as XML, XSLT, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with distributed systems, web application technologies, web services, and multi-layered architectures.
- Knowledge and experience with multiple relational database systems
- Knowledge of various environmental elements as they relate to testing (i.e. networking, hardware, software, mid-tier, etc.), and the ability to effectively assist with troubleshooting as needed
- If you have ISEB/ISTQB software testing qualifications that would be an advantage
- Automation Tools: Robot, Python, Selenium
- XML, XSLT, etc.
- some experience with UNIX/LINUX tools is a plus
Knowledge of BSS Products, including Ericsson Billing and Charging systems is highly desirable.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Toronto || ServEng