Production Technician II
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications solutions & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson solutions, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We are now looking for a Production Technician to develop, implement and maintain cost efficient, ergonomic and safe production, claims and repair processes, equipment and tools according to production rules.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Perform assembly and disassembly of electronic equipment according to established procedures
- Perform visual inspection to identify non-conformities
- Perform corrective actions on cosmetic faults
- Use automated test equipment to perform pass/fail tests
- Prepare products for shipment
- Comply with ESD and safety directives
- Properly maintain tools and equipment
- Record work performed, and parts exchanged on repaired units according to set procedures
- Consistently communicated relevant information to the Lead, Supervisor and next shift
- Prioritize work to meet team objectives
- Receive items by unloading vehicles, accepting deliveries, unpacking containers and recording bin locations
- Verify items received by inspecting conditions of items, comparing count/measure of items to purchase orders and/or packing slips, noting discrepancies and documenting items received
- Determine the transfer of orders received by routing or delivering items to the appropriate staging locations or requesting department
- Prepare shipments by identifying information, quantity, condition of items, pulling, packing, crating and labelling containers
- Enter appropriate information into transportation approved power ship and bill of lading document and label printer
- Follow team procedures and work instructions, understanding and implementing these procedures
- Record all work performed into the appropriate tracking system or documents
- Must have excellent record keeping and verification skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have one year prior warehouse experience
- Proficiency using Microsoft Windows and applications
- Prior inspection experience preferred
- Lifting of 50 lbs or less
- Office skills and activities including typing, answering phone, copying etc…
- Warehouse skills such as fork lift operation
- Exposure to temperature (i.e. uncontrolled temperature environment in warehouse) noise, dust, fumes, chemicals
- Requires general physical demands such as sitting, standing, seeing, reaching, lifting, bending, and hand dexterity for purposes of performing the essential job functions on a daily basis.
Job Location is in Lewisville, TX
Hours are 7 AM to 3:30 PM M-F
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 262832