Expert - 5G Radio Architecture
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
5G networks are evolving rapidly and the need for new and different radio products are increasing. The architecture is important for technology leadership and development efficiency and is therefore key for business and close top management. The possibilities are endless and we need an expert for the architecture evolution of the radio products.
In PDU Radio System Visions are born, the best performing radio units are created, and the latest technology is explored.
Do you want to:
- Work visionary and create the future architecture for Ericsson’s Radio Units as well as its interaction with other RAN elements?
- In 5G networks the architecture is evolving drastically. With an early view of future architectural demands, it will be possible to take the right decisions today that settles the future. Centralized and de-centralized networks, ORAN and Lean 5G networks are examples of driving forces for an innovative architecture evolution.
- To predict interface bandwidth and settle the functional distribution is important for correct dimensioning of System on Chip and other components.
- Create an architecture for maximum re-use?
- The 5G network evolution is driving a need for a larger number of Radio Product variants. To keep the number of architectural variants down, while supporting the network evolution and simplify re-use is extremely important.
- Ensure that the architecture supports required features/functionality many years ahead?
- User plan, control plane and management plane, both from a SW and HW perspective are equally important.
- Work strategically and promote realistic architectural steps?
- The right balance between architecture evolution, time to market and cost for each product is key. Always with the future in mind.
- Develop your leadership skills?
- Have a central role and work together with management to form the future for Ericsson?
- Work with the most experienced radio engineers in the world?
- Constantly developing your technical competence and our products together with motivated experts from all parts of Ericsson.
Then this is the perfect job for you!
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering / Engineering Physics / Data communication, or equivalent.
- Excellent English language skills
- Long experience (> 5 years) from architecture concept development, e.g. from creation of new concepts in 3GPP or from ORAN creation
- Deep knowledge (>10 years) of Radio access technologies (WCDMA, LTE, NR).
- Knowledge in Radio products.
- Ability to work with both short-term and long-term objectives, involving the big picture as well as implementation details.
- Self-motivated, with drive and initiative
- Strong analytical skills.
- Leadership interest and skills.
- Outgoing and easy to cooperate
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible. For any questions and clarifications reach out to the recruiter, Hema Powar, email@example.com
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 262818