Network Operations Transformation Manager
Business Area Managed Services is responsible for Managed Services Networks and IT, and Network Design and Optimization. BMAS hosts the Global Service Centers in China, Romania, Mexico and India, with more than 24,000 services professionals. Ericsson provides managed services for networks serving 1 billion subscribers worldwide.
With the continued proliferation of consumer devices such as smartphones, smart TVs, tablets and gaming consoles, the consumption of content, across both fixed and wireless networks continues to massively expand. End user behavior continues to evolve and consumers expect access to files and media from any location and from multiple devices, as we move ever forward towards the Network Society. Communication Service Providers (CSP) are under constant pressure to deliver ever increasing volumes of on-demand content and live streaming media, to very high levels of availability, quality and performance. To do this the capability and capacity of their networks is of key importance – driving high activities of network modernization and new technology rollout.
We are looking for a Service Portfolio Director within Managed Services Network who will play a significant role in managing and developing our Service Offerings and the Delivery Capabilities and Readiness of these in the area of Network Managed Services. The candidate will need to demonstrate a solid understanding of the global market, the technology trends, CSP challenges and consumer expectations. They will possess a very high degree of customer focus, innovative thinking, technology and operational or engineering expertise, and have a track record of setting and delivering to high standards.
The role belongs to Business Area Managed Service, BMAS in the unit called Business and Portfolio Development, SA Network Managed Services. The location of the position is to be Reading in the United Kingdom.
Your main areas of responsibility;
- Part of a small team that own the capabilities, architecture and delivery readiness elements of the Managed Services Networks portfolio and will focus on innovating and developing the portfolio to address our customer needs and secure the delivery capability and readiness needed for these.
- Management of Network Operations elements of the Managed Services Networks portfolio include creating the strategy, service architecture and delivery readiness
- Work closely with delivery units to develop and secure the capabilities and readiness of our offerings
- In addition, work with sales expertise and our customers and leverage your top-level domain knowledge and expertise to develop attractive, innovative and profitable solutions within Managed Services Networks.
- Transforming knowledge from customer engagements into development of our portfolio and delivery capabilities, as well as acting and responding to customer feedback.
- Actively communicating and educating the customer units in the services portfolio and lead processes for best-practices and knowledge sharing.
- Cross-unit collaboration within Business Areas and customer units.
- You will be expected to travel and work in different cultural environments.
- M.Sc. or Business Degree or equivalent experience (a combination of Engineering and Business degree is preferred)
- Significant Minimum 15 years of experience working in the ICT industry with focus on outsourcing businesses.
- Significant network operations experience and recognized as an expert and thought leader.
- Able to apply judgement and experience, challenge existing thinking and relish the challenges posed and opportunities created by working in an environment where ambiguity exists
- Experience from leading solution development and managing services portfolio within the ICT domain, including experience from industrializing a service offering
- Experience and strong ability to engage with C-level. Expert in listening, scoping and expanding customer issue into business opportunities
- Strong commercial acumen including a profound ability in analysing and translating customer needs into concrete revenue offerings from a Managed Services perspective
- Formation of compelling business case models, and value creation argumentation
- Creative in terms of ability to see and make things in new or different ways and a capability of developing inspiration, innovation or insight.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface to all levels of the organization
- Willingness and availability to travel frequently
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || ProdMgt
Req ID: 262708