5G Baseband Infrastructure Software Developer
Are you ready to create the 5G future? Predicting the future is fun. Inventing it is powerful. We do both. 5G is coming soon, and Ericsson is the early leader in bringing it to market. With the commercial launch of 5G expected in 2020, and pre-commercial trials already happening now, there’s never been a better time for you to make your mark.
Baseband Infrastructure provides a software platform for Ericsson Many Core Architecture development used in radio base stations (5G, LTE, WCDMA, and GSM). We are looking for a talented Baseband Infrastructure software developer to work on platform software targeted towards Ericsson's next generation 5G radio base stations.
Your role will include all aspects of software development activities such as: requirement analysis, system design, architecture design, software design, integration and creation of automated tests. Our focus is on Lean and Agile ways of working. We believe in creating the best in class software products through continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing among our teams.
This is what you are like:
- You care about well-crafted software; you have a passion for what you do
- You are curious and eager to continuously learn things to become a better and more versatile programmer
- You have an eye for software design and can discuss on a range of topics due to your experience and from reading and experimentation
- It would be great if you had some experience with agile and could help us to improve practices like pair programming and test-driven development
- You are interested in developing software for a challenging many core target environment along with associated automated test cases
- You have some knowledge of wireless technologies and working with embedded systems
This is what we are like:
- We work in an agile manner
- We take pride in our work, our product quality and our user’s satisfaction
- We have fun at work
- We value respect, professionalism and perseverance
Our teams are motivated and highly autonomous. You will be working directly with product owners and stakeholders in a very collaborative manner. This approach requires a high amount of teamwork and maturity and we believe it’s the best way to build great software products.
Things like refactoring, automatic testing, continuous integration of small commits, continuous deployment, close collaboration with other Baseband Infrastructure products and close collaboration with our product stakeholders are deeply embedded and we are constantly striving to improve the way we work. We also value constant learning and encourage people to participate in innovation. We are not perfect and not afraid to say so. We value people who can challenge status quo and are willing to experiment on our journey to continuous improvement.
Some technologies we use are listed below but we are continuously looking at what is happening in the software community to make sure that we use the best technologies available.
- C, C++
- Git, Gerrit
- Linux as a development environment
- Shell scripting
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Our network infrastructure products allow people, business and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. We offer flexible hours and are a relatively flat organization where your ideas are encouraged and matter.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || R&D
Req ID: 262683