System Manager Packet Core Gateway
Overview of Ericsson Packet Core
Every time you use an app on your smartphone, talk over VoLTE or use Mobile Broadband you connect to internet – this connection is what we enable, no matter if its 3G, 4G or 5G!
We are called Ericsson Packet Core (PC) and we deliver connectivity technology with terabyte throughput in combination with extensive configuration options for traffic control and information collection for our customers.
Our headquarter is at Lindholmen (Gothenburg, Sweden) but we also have operations in Shanghai, Madrid, Budapest, Beijing and Bangalore.
To win today’s and tomorrow’s challenges we are looking for ambitious, intelligent, creative and inspiring individuals to join us. We provide a fun and challenging environment where you can grow and help to inspire your colleagues to further growth.
Product Development Group Gateway (PDG GW) as part of PC in Lindholmen are now looking for an ambitious and creative System Manager (SM) with telecom business experience, wanting to further learn and grow together with us. PDG GW develops Control- and User Plane for Evolved Packet Gateway (called EPG and SMF) functionality, which handles packet data services in the access network. Node deployments is carried out on native hardware as well as on VMs and soon also on containers in a cloud environment.
The System Management has the following general responsibilities:
• Drive the PDGs view on product vision and technology roadmap by e.g. system studies
• Interface towards Area Product Owner (APO) Product Line (PL) and the business regions, System & Technology (S&T) for studies, standardization and pre-sales support
• Managing system requirements and artefacts, compliance to standards etc
At Lindholmen the SM section consists of groups within various competence areas with a strong focus of future evolvement of EPG and SMF, where cloud deployment is one strategic focus area.
We are looking for a System Manager within the area Session Management with ability to work also in adjacent areas. You will be part of the SM competence group and connected development team, where you jointly plan the work and share tasks and knowledge. You will also be working in close cooperation with e.g. System Architects and Product Owners, managing requirements and influence future evolvement in the area. You will also have a tight cooperation with stakeholders within the Packet Core community. Some of the challenges are maintaining focus on priorities, communicate, inspire and be active in studies needed to drive the area towards the product vision.
You will be part of shaping the future for Gateway products performance development towards 5G!
Responsibilities & Tasks
The SM role will be the main responsible for requirement handling and is also the interface towards program steering roles, development teams and external parties within the area. You will involve in and make sure relevant work packages and internal studies are started to support the product vision moving into 5G.
Main responsibilities are:
• Drive system studies, feature analysis and provide support to business regions
• Identify/improve and manage requirements for the area, and take responsibility for selected system artifacts
• Identify requirements on platform and coordinate with PDG external parties with EPG/SMF dependencies
• Support feature development through F0-F4 with close interaction with design teams, e.g. perform feature analysis for new features
• Drive SM related process development
• Coordinate EPG and SMF activities with APO, PL and S&T
In order to succeed, you need to have the following qualifications and skills:
· MSc/BSc level in Computer Science or equivalent level of education
· Telecom and 3GPP knowledge
· Knowledge in Software development and test
· Lean and Agile knowledge
· Customer Understanding
· Business Understanding
· Product Life Cycle Management knowledge
· Requirement Management knowledge
· Relating & Networking skills
· Skill to Adapt & Respond to Change
· Knowledge Sharing skills
· Communication and Presentation skills
· Fluent in English, written and oral
And it is great if you have these additional skills and experiences:
· Knowledge about EPG and/or other Packet Core products
· Knowledge about 5G
· Customer interaction experience
Do you recognize yourself and want to join a great team? Please send us your application and come meet us!
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible. If you have any specific questions you are welcome to contact Monal Jain, Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com
Last date to apply: November 30, 2018. Position can be filled before this date also so make an application today!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || IT
Req ID: 262654