Packet Core Integration Engineer
As a Packet Core Integration Engineer (IE), you will be responsible for System Integration and Verification of the end to end solution involving Ericsson and 3rd party products. The key responsibilities include analyze, prepare, implement and verify the configuration and integration of a node, network and/or system. The IE will work closely with the geographically distributed team comprising of Solution Architects, Integration Engineers, Project Managers and the customer Consultants.
The IE should be competent in handling constant change of scope and displaying leadership with respect to Ericsson resources as well as third party suppliers and subcontractors. As an experienced IE you will be placed at the center of activities, entailing a high level of interaction with Product Units as well as Customer, Technical and Business Development teams and will work across the Evolved Packet Core portfolio.
- Education: Academic degree, minimum on bachelor level, in engineering (IT, Telecom or any related discipline)
- Experience: 3+ years of experience in technology sector
- Experience working in agile / fast paced environment with exposure to tools like JIRA
- Exposure to DevOps methodology and related tools is a plus
- Good knowledge and experience with Linux and IP Networking, especially Transport, Internet and Application Layer (IPv4, IPv6, IPsec, TCP, UDP, QUIC, HTTP/s, DNS, RTSP, SSH) protocols
- Basic experience with Linux and related Virtualization technologies (any of the following: VMWare, OpenStack, OpenShift, KVM)
- Basic experience with Shell scripting (any of the following: Perl, Shell, Python)
- Good knowledge of Relational Database (any of the following: Postgres, MySQL, Oracle)
- Good knowledge of various 3GPP Packet Core nodes (i.e. MME, EPG, SAPC...) with a focus on Multi-Service Proxy
- Knowledge and basic experience building cloud infrastructure and virtualization, Network function virtualization
- The people skills required to work with fellow engineers, developers and sales team
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Possess a strong consultative mindset and the ability to see the bigger picture
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
You might also have:
- Ability support pre-sales activities, including pre-studies
- Experience in the implementation of the product in live network
- Experience in system test, module test and accept test
- Experience performing device test and load tests
- Knowledge of Scripting & Automation
- Knowledge sharing and collaboration skills
We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging everyday. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Our business strategy is our plan, our blueprint and the clear pathway for us to deliver on our mission- to enable the full value of connectivity. We will win by creating technology that is so intuitive, flexible yet robust and reliable that it enables game-changing ideas to be adopted at speed and scale.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt
Req ID: 262386