ICT Installation Engineer
Lab Operations Linköping is a part of Ericsson´s Global ICT Centers. The section in Linköping is responsible for maintaining stable operation of datacenters, plan installations of servers, infrastructure and radio base stations of the lab and test environments used by different R&D units. They are also responsible to ensure stable power supply and cooldown of these environments.
In the role of an Installation Engineer within this service, you will be overall responsible for the technical planning of tenant hardware following the Lab Operation design principles defined in the design guidelines. You will also be responsible for supporting day-to-day service operations and all service activities.
The installation engineer is responsible for the following:
- Work together with the local IE service team members to ensure the service is operating as designed.
- Hardware technical planning for new additions, changes in current configurations and decommission of hardware and cables from the ICT center Technical Spaces and Infrastructure rooms. Hardware involves any physical element not limited to, but including the rack, device, cards, RF components and cables. Provide additional hardware requirements to meet Lab Operation Design Criteria (Cabinet Hardware, cable types, network switches).
- Review of customer completed Technical Specification to ensure request will meet Lab Operation standards and has sufficient information provided to work on request.
- Analyze the physical layout of nodes and required cables in a rack to ensure rack and cable supporting structures can support proposed solution.
- Documentation of assets with their location & hardware configuration and data & power connections.
- Produce a standardized set of Installation Documents to show physical hardware location of racks, chassis, cards/modules, transceivers/attenuators and detailed cable connections.
- Result driven to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Positive, driven and energetic
- Creative and innovative mindset
- Structured and able to follow set instructions and procedures
- Good attitude for knowledge sharing, team spirit mentality
- Open for learning new areas and technologies
- Experience from IT and/or test environment with HW focus
- Experience with datacenters is valuable
- Familiar with Agile and Lean methodology
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
The recruitment process is ongoing. If you feel that this position is a match for you please apply with a CV and Resume in English. For any questions please contact recruiter Richard Tjong at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Linköping || IT
Req ID: 262230