PDU PC Gateway User plane Developer
Every time you use an app on your smartphone, talk over VoLTE or use Mobile Broadband you connect to internet – this connection is what we enable, no matter if its 3G, 4G or 5G!
We deliver connectivity technology with TB throughput in combination with extensive configuration options for traffic control and information collection for our customers.
We at Ericsson Packet Core (PC) in Lindholmen are now looking for developers wanting to learn and grow together with us in the development of the user plane for Evolved Packet Gateway (EPG) and User Plane Function (UPF).
To win today’s and tomorrow’s challenges we are looking for ambitious, intelligent, creative and inspiring individuals to join us. We can offer an environment where you are continuously learning new things, where you have great team mates helping each other to reach you teams common goal. We apply agile and scrum methods in the teams to gain speed and accountability.
To win today’s and tomorrow’s challenges we are looking for ambitious, intelligent, creative and inspiring individuals to join us to create a world class user plane function for 5G. We provide a fun and challenging environment where you can grow and help to inspire your colleagues to further growth.
We want smart, self-motivated product developers who love solving complex problems and have an interest in test to join our great international development teams. Good working TDD and other agile experience is essential for our organization.
- You are passionate about what you do which is obvious from your actions
- You have a talent for software development and computer systems. Your love to discuss software development and are comfortable about sharing this knowledge
- You are continuously developing your knowledge through experience, as well as reading and experimentation
- You can drive strategic technical leadership within a cloud execution environment
- You love troubleshooting and digging into complex problems where it is not evident what causes the failed checkpoints or other symptoms you see
- You think repetitive tasks are so boring that you do anything to automate them so you can focus on the fun work instead
- You have focus and ambition to understand customer needs on developed features
- You take pride in understanding the whole product and its environment
- Software is more than just a job for you
Our teams are cross-functional, self-organizing, international and highly independent. You’ll be working directly with your Product Owner and stakeholders in a collaborative manner. This requires maturity and a ‘team first’ approach, which may not be right for everyone, but which we believe is the best way to create great software.
The team will design, implement and test the feature, product and system from requirements to production and commercial deployment. Each team has life cycle responsibility for a part of the product.
Among other things, Unit/Component Test, Refactoring, Continuous Delivery and Automated Performance Testing are defining concepts and we are constantly improving our ways of working. We are not perfect and not afraid to say so. We are on a journey: there’s plenty of challenges waiting for our solutions and we need keep learning new things on the way. We believe in trying new things that suits your team, e.g.:
- Software Craftsmanship
- Reserved time for improvements and innovations
- Katas, Coding Dojos
- Knowledge sharing from external channels
Our product, tools and infrastructure places high technical requirements on the team including high-performance application development, low latency requirements, multi-threaded/multi-process troubleshooting, and embedded system development in an environment with huge amounts of data.
Technologies we use and need to master
To understand our product, knowledge of IP Protocols and Routing in an embedded environment is essential. Most of our product code is C/C++, test and development scripts are developed in TTCN, Perl and Python.
We are interested in candidates from a variety of backgrounds, with a keen understanding of IP protocols and IP-based routing in an embedded environment and a passion to learn and develop new skills. Here is a (non-exclusive) list of technologies that we currently use:
- C/C++, Python, TTCN
- Linux development, working with high performance Linux application
- Docker, Docker Swarms, Kubernetes
- Service Based Architecture, Micro Services
- GIT, Gerrit, Jenkins
- L2/L3, Routing, 3GPP
- TCP, UDP, SCTP, L2TP, TLS
- tcpdump, wireshark and other packet analysis tools
- Debugging, analyzing core dumps, GDB, ASAN, Coverity
- Network simulators
- Eclipse/MS Code
- MSc/BSc level in Computer Science or the equivalent level of knowledge
- Fluent in English, written and oral.
Are you in?
Do you recognize yourself and want to join a great team? Please send us your application and come meet us!
As soon as you proceed in the process you will get contacted by a recruiter.
The application deadline is the 12th of January. The process will be ongoing. Any questions? Please email Johan Rv Andersson Y, Product Development Leader, BDGS SA PC PDU PC UP PDG UPF APP (email@example.com)
Tag: SWEHJ HJ
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || IT
Req ID: 262224