Senior Software Engineer
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business and society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people and society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles. They share a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning and growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
Bachelor of Engineering (preferably in Computer Science/Electronics) or MCA
3 – 8 Years
- Extensive knowledge of OOAD principles, Design patterns
- Good knowledge and experience of working with Modeling Tools
- Experience of developing system/application architecture/framework
- Good knowledge Java/J2EE, SOA-Web Services, REST, Client-Server architecture, SPRING, Hibernate
- Knowledge of Telecom Systems with domain specifics of Telecom Mediation.
- Knowledge and exposure to Protocols like SNMP, SMPP, Radius, Diameter, and SS7 stack.
- Good knowledgeable of Relational Databases especially Postgres and Oracle
- Experience working with Openstack or other related cloud technologies
- Experience working with NoSQL databases, such as Cassandra
- Experience working with Distributed file system such as HDFS
- Good knowledge of SW Tools such as Eclipse, Code-Pro, Ant, JUnit, Maven etc.
- Must have good Analytical Skills
- Must have good experience in performance tuning, profiling the code
- Must be a good Team Player
Optional Skills (Added Advantage)
- Experience working with various messaging systems, such as Kafka
- Experience working with BIG Data Technolologies including Data Stream engines like Apache Flink
- Knowledge of SW development methodologies like XP, RUP, Scrum, Agile, RTC.
- Experience of working in Product Development.
- Should have good coaching and mentoring skills.
Responsibility for the position
- Help define and refine the architecture of the products by working closely with Architect / Technical Manager.
- Help define and refine the software development process by working closely with System Architect / Technical Manager.
- Lead and ensure that the level of definition and quality of the base for development i.e. requirements, use-case models and the architecture, is adequate to help the development team achieve their expectations and goals regarding software quality and time to market.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in the Software World.
- Stay abreast on the latest developments in Mediation Domain
- Provide mentoring and support to the development team, as and when required
- Maintain process compliance. Propagate processes and ways of working (WoW) awareness in the team contributing towards processes and technical innovation.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Gurgaon || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 262211