Senior Cloud DevOps engineer - Storage
YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination.
Ericsson Hungary is looking for PDG CEE Storage Developer.
We are looking for a senior DevOps engineer for Ericsson Cloud Execution Environment (CEE) who can join our team that is developing & maintaining our OpenStack based network function virtualization (NFV) platform. Our product is the virtualization, control, and management layer in the Ericsson Cloud System portfolio. It is a cloud platform securing that several applications, such as virtual network functions, can effectively share the infrastructure resources in terms of compute, storage, and network.
Your role will be to integrate open source components and Ericsson proprietary add-ons and through verification ensure that the parts are working together in customer environment. At the same time, you will be able to constantly learn new cutting edge open source technologies, gain experience in various areas of product development, integration, verification, maintenance and support. Beside this you can deepen your knowledge in DevOps ways of working and enterprise product delivery.
You will love this role if you like playing with Linux, integrating and configuring components, writing scripts, troubleshooting, documenting, verifying on real hardware as well as in virtual environment and eventually coding to achieve a smoothly working and well-integrated product. More-or-less everything that a DevOps engineer can dream of who loves to rock in a fast-changing environment.
- Design and integrate infrastructure from open source components and perform troubleshooting in internal as well as in customer networks
- Take part in the full development cycle from system design, through development, integration, verification, and deployment to customer support
- Drive continuous improvements of products and processes
- Constantly develop your competences
- Fluency in English both written and oral
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or extensive experience in related area
- Strong hands-on mentality and flexibility to perform whatever task that needs to be done in the software development cycle
- Solid understanding of software development, from design and architecture through verification, release, and customer support
- Significant experience with Linux system administration
- Significant experience in programming and shell scripting (e.g., Python, bash)
- Passion and engagement in constantly making things better
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and test automation (e.g., Tempest)
- Configuration management (e.g., Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack)
- DevOps tools (e.g., Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, job DSL, MaaS)
- IP networking concepts and packet analysis (e.g., Ethernet, TCP/IP, wireshark / tcpdump)
- Virtualization (e.g., KVM, QEMU, libvirt) and Cloud technologies (e.g., OpenStack, Docker)
- Agile methodologies (e.g., Kanban, XP)
- Storage solutions (e.g., VNX, ScaleIO, GlusterFS, NexentaStor, Ceph)
What we offer:
- Unique company culture that gives you a flexible environment where you can thrive mastery and find your purpose
- Our slogans are trust, responsibility, and freedom: we trust you to take responsibility in driving your tasks to the end and in return we offer flexible working hours and lots of freedom in how to achieve your goals
- Our office, the Ericsson House is located in Infopark, the heart of Budapest Silicon Valley (between Petőfi híd and Rákóczi híd)
- Constant learning, professional trainings, meetups, and continuing education
- Conference visits to our strongly supported conferences in Budapest, such as CRAFT / STRETCH / CRUNCH / AMUSE / HUSTEF
- Lots of opportunities for personal growth in almost whatever direction you want to build your future career in IT
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities, subsidized language courses
- Mobile with 4G, laptop
- Local medical service
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision & core values. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!