2nd Level Automotive CVC Engineer
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
A member of our Connected Vehicle Cloud would be responsible in supporting the account solution and its technologies. Providing analysis and deeper fault investigation that has already been filtered by our 1st line Engineers. Should be a resourceful individual that is continuously in search of improving the delivery flow. Keeps constant communication with R&D to find permanent and stable bugfixing. Involves in technical meetings and provides structured and precise data to the team and to the customer. Should be able to assess production platform impact during deployment activities and ensure the stability within agreed performance indicators.
Manage Amazon Cloud Environment and all software components included in the solution. Provide complex and detailed resolutions to faults raised by the customer. Proactively monitor the platform trends and ensure that all critical processes are up and running. Secure that the preventive maintenance plan covers customer requirements and grant customer approval when necessary. Ensure that impacts due to forecasted periodic maintenance are reported and agreed with the customer.
In support to our Automotive solutions we have also started a new, DevOps oriented way of cooperating with R&D: personnel involved become part of a virtual team with R&D Developers, cooperating on daily basis and sharing tasks and ideas with them. We call this setup Purple Teams.
The Application Support Engineer role is founded in systems administration and application engineering, and is responsible for day-to-day support, plus thought leadership and participation in large-scale infrastructure projects and initiatives. This position supports multiple proprietary applications that comprise a platform which delivers managed security services to clients. Support is provided via standard systems administration processes and procedures, including monitoring, troubleshooting complex technical problems, and resolving data/configuration issues. The Application Support Engineer also serves as an escalation point of contact for advanced application support issues and is required to be able to handle many challenging issues related to supporting a large number of widely differing infrastructure systems and large data sets as well as unique networking configurations. Participation in an active on-call rotation is vital to maintaining acceptable levels of service delivery for clients.
Main accountabilities – you will:
- Responsible for responding to application support escalations which involve troubleshooting moderate technical issues and resolving data/configuration issues.
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams across disparate groups to resolve client support escalations.
- Support internal customers in any day-to-day activities.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to review software enhancements and provide design feedback.
- Monitor and manage a large number of critical service delivery systems.
- Collaborate with peers on complex projects as required (e.g. data centre modifications, build-out for DR sites, etc.).
- Participate in, or directly work on any additional projects, assignments, or initiatives assigned by management.
- Provide after-hours and on-call support for client service delivery.
- Shell scripting
Will be considered an advantage if you have experience with one of the below technologies:
- IP, DHCP, DNS protocols.
- Public cloud hosting solutions (Azure, AWS)
- F5 BigIP LTM load balancing solutions
- SIEM - Alien Vault
- Docker containers and container runtime environments – e.g. Kubernetes
- Terraform, Infrastructure as Code
- Apache Web server
- MySQL or NoSQL Database administration
- CI/CD Solutions (Jenkins, GoCD, similar)
- Microservices solutions
- JMS Brokers
- Cloud Deployment and Operation
- In order to be involved in our Purple Team setup:
- Experience with tools for SW Development (Design and Testing)
- Version control (Git/Gerrit)
- Monitoring tools (like Prometheus & Grafana)
- The ability to understand the concept of public and private cloud, regardless of the software or hardware solutions used.
- Gathers and analyses information or data on current and future trends of best practice.
- To demonstrate a broad understanding of the systems context and environment and to be able to adapt to changing technologies.
- Takes responsibility for timely completion of tasks.
- Demonstrates flexibility within a variety of changing situations while working with various individuals and groups.
- Able to breakdown raw information and undefined problems into specific, workable components that in-turn clearly identifies the issues at hand.
- The ability to identify fast partial solutions to ambiguous problems.
- Knowledge of ITIL methodologies (Certification is a plus)
What we offer
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || Consulting&SysInt; IT; SharedServ
Req ID: 262120