Test Support Engineer
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Timely recover responsible testers which escalated from test support technicians
- Monitor and improve tester performance and initiate root cause analysis for hot test cases.
- Escalate complexity and critical issues and support further investigation.
- Manage and maintain test data of volume production, continuously improve related test productivity.
- Release and maintain test equipment maintenance instructions, and conduct related training and certify test operators and test technicians.
- Support CI/CO verification and implementation for volume production.
- Provide technical solution as changeover and layout request.
- Check test status before testers handed over from projects.
- Train and guide calibration technician to perform in house instrument calibration.
- Analyze calibration certificates provided by calibration suppliers and monitor calibration suppliers’ performance.
- Define calibration interval of instruments as MIM guideline.
- Monitor and improve spare/wear parts lifespan.
- Budget test investment related volume test.
- University degree in Electronic and Communication related majors or equivalent
- Comprehensive understanding of RF design
- Proficient with operation of RF instruments such as signal generator and verctor network analyzer etc.
- Fluent oral and wrritten communications in English
- Proven good record of accountability, open mind, learning capability, team working spirit and problem solving attitude
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Nanjing || Supply&Log
Req ID: 261929