Software Test Developer
We are now looking for a Software Test Developer to join our Quality Assurance Team. As a member of our QA team you will be responsible for creating, implementing automated & manual tests, analyze test results, and reporting on testing status. Our goal is to automate whenever possible, but somethings still require manual verification. Our focus is on Lean and Agile ways of working. We organize in cross functional development teams in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work.
- Automate new functionality / features in the product (Robot Framework)
- Manually execute tests that cannot / have not been automated
- Develop tests for high quality products
- Perform continuous analysis of current requirements and tests
- Participate in the entire software development cycle by analyzing new features and pre-planning of tests so testing can be done concurrently with development.
- Convert existing functional test to automated test (Robot Framework)
- Automated user scenarios (Robot Framework, Python, Bash)
- Generate test data (Python, Bash)
- Research new QA automation tools and technologies so that the QA teams are using the most effective tool set.
- Assist development in reproducing product issues.
- Measure and analyze solutions stability and robustness and guide developers by identifying and implementing areas that need improvement.
- Work with developers and engineers on a daily basis to ensure the Automated Testing System is running valid and effective tests
- An undergraduate degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field
- Min years of experience: 2 Years in a software QA position
- Detailed knowledge in two or more of the following areas: integration, system, acceptance testing, robustness testing, Test Automation.
- Competence in two or more programming languages such as Python, Bash, Java, Lisp, Ruby, Scala,
- Objected oriented, functional, or concurrency-oriented programming experience
- Capability to understand and propose solutions to new and complex problems
- Enthusiastic attitude, eager to continue growing and learning
WHY IS ERICSSON A GREAT PLACE TO WORK?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and build new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business, and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over
Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world.
Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || R&D
Req ID: 261906