Software Developer in Test
Reporting to the Test Automation Manager, the Intermediate Software Developer is an integral member of the Quality Assurance organization. You will be a member of our Test Automation team which ensures that automated tests are easy to write, execute, and analyze. To this end we write tools and infrastructure that:
- Automates deployment of the product (Jenkins/Groovy, Docker)
- Provides a feature rich test automation platform (Robot Framework, Python and Clojure)
- Models and generates test fixtures that represent complex telecommunications networks
- Automates Performance Metrics gathering and publishing
The role is available to individuals of various levels of experience, with responsibilities and compensation adjusted to match.
- Specify, design and implement modules that enable tests to easily and cleanly interact with multiple microservices.
- Assist development and QA in the troubleshooting and analysis of product issues.
- Participate in the entire software development cycle by analyzing new features and pre-planning of tests so testing can be done concurrently with development.
- Measure and analyze solutions performance, scalability and robustness and guide developers by identifying and implementing areas that need improvement.
- Research new QA automation tools and technologies so that the QA teams are using the most effective tool set.
- Work with developers and engineers on a daily basis to ensure the Automated Testing System is running valid and effective tests.
- An undergraduate degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field
- Detailed knowledge in two or more of the following areas: performance and scalability testing, robustness testing, test automation.
- Competence in two or more programming languages such as Java, Lisp, Ruby, Scala, Python, Scheme, Clojure, Erlang or C++
- Objected oriented, functional, or concurrency oriented programming experience
- Capability to understand and propose solutions to new and complex problems
- Enthusiastic attitude, eager to continue growing and learning
WHY IS ERICSSON A GREAT PLACE TO WORK?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and build new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business, and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world.
Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || R&D
Req ID: 261905