Platform Software Developer
The Platform Software Developer is responsible for working in a dynamic team environment performing software design, implementation, and testing for the product's Platform library and REST interface. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work on bleeding edge big web/big data technologies and state-of-the-art deployment infrastructure.
- Participate in the entire software development cycle by analyzing, designing, and developing integrated solutions in our dynamic, agile environment
- You will have the opportunity to contribute to our world-leading software architecture
- You will aid in project sizing and planning and help the team with integration efforts
- Measure and analyze solutions performance and scalability to assist with systems engineering and application deployments
- Play leadership role in evolving existing data model and software architecture to meet demands of new application domains
- Research new software development tools and technologies and guide development by identifying and implementing approved new software tools and/or technologies in compliance with industry best practices, innovation is encouraged and rewarded
- Mentor junior and intermediate developers and contribute to team harmony, cohesion, and effectiveness
- An undergraduate degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field
- 3+ years of software development experience, preferably in Java
- Skilled communicator with excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills, capable to articulate technical items in business terms
- Self-starter; takes initiative and can work independently
- Well-organized and disciplined with high attention to detail
Detailed knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Software architecture and design, including focus on performance and scalability
- Cloud technology, REST interfaces, databases
- Carrier Ethernet, OSS Software design and implementation, operating systems (especially Linux)
- Working knowledge and direct support of environmental systems components, including networking, virtualization technologies, enterprise level infrastructure management, web services, queuing mechanisms and component integration
The following would be a plus:
- Experience with SDN, NFV, Cassandra, Spark, PostgreSQL, Kafka, zookeeper, Wildfly
- Capability of deploying and maintaining public and hybrid cloud environments including AWS, Azure, and vCloud Air
- Understanding of multiple hypervisor and lightweight virtualization technologies (VMware, Hyper-V, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes)
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and build new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business, and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world.
Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination.
Tag: MANAHJ HJ
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || R&D
Req ID: 261900