Senior Software Developer - Analytics and Machine Learning
As senior software developer, reporting to Software Manager, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of scalable, high-performance, fault tolerant Analytics capabilities. You will apply machine learning and analytics principles to massive data sets, to unearth crucial insights and patterns that add value to our customers.
- Contribute to overall direction within our world-leading development team
- Help your team size, plan, and execute development tasks
- Design, implement, and test new analytics features and capabilities
- Measure and analyze solutions performance and scalability to assist with systems engineering and application deployments
- Research new software development tools and technologies and guide development by identifying and implementing approved new software tools and/or technologies in compliance with industry best practices
- Mentor junior and intermediate developers and contribute to team harmony, cohesion, and effectiveness
- An university degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field
- At least 8 years of software development experience with emphasis on architecture and API development
- A good understanding of software development lifecycle
- Capability to understand and propose solutions to new and complex problems
- A good understanding of machine learning techniques, as applied to huge data sets
- Experience designing distributed architectures and working with technologies as Java, Clojure, Python, Scala, Apache Spark, Apache Casandra, Machine Learning, time series analysis, test automation frameworks
- Proven ability to analyze business requirements and map them to technical specifications
- Proven ability to deliver complex software solutions, on-time and on-quality
- Experience in one or more of the following areas would be considered an asset: big data visualization, performance and scalability, OSS Software design and implementation
Prior experience in the Telecom network management space is highly desired
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and build new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business, and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world.
Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || R&D
Req ID: 261896