1st Level Operations
1st Level Operations SSA&INFRA Broadcast
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
The Broadcast Operations Technician function is one of the key components of the Broadcast Operations Delivery. 1st level Technician is responsible for the reactive maintenance of the administered systems. It will work closely with 2nd level Engineers in order to ensure systems availability and spot any possible points of failure.
1st level Operations are supposed to handle in a proper manner all the monitoring systems and detect all the critical alerts. Along with monitoring, the Ticketing System represents a focal point of the work performed.
Overall responsibility of Event Management and 1st level Incident Management. Responsible to manage the delivery of services and to perform 1st level assurance support activities, according to Ericsson’s and the customer’s network particularities and requirements.
This Job Role is responsible for the coordination, support, management and execution of 1st Level proactive and reactive maintenance activities to ensure that services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
The 1st level Technician will work according on a pattern that covers 24 X 7 shifts. This implies working 11h30min shifts that may include weekends, public holidays and night shifts. All employees must work an average of 8 hours/day, 40 hours/week; due to the shift pattern the average is computed on a two months period.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Education: Academic degree, minimum on bachelor level, in engineering (IT, Telecom)
- Experience of supporting and troubleshooting complex enterprise-level Microsoft and Linux based systems in a fast paced commercial environment, with the ability to resolve issues or escalate in a concise manner
- Substantial experience of providing support in a 24x7 Environment, using tools such as Solarwinds & Nagios to identify issues
- Incident management and ticket handling
- Initial impact analysis; Special Events Monitoring
- Fault handling and corrective actions (troubleshooting, log collection, root cause analysis)
- Analyzing existing issues and redirecting to the proper department and level of support
- Knowledge of and experience in supporting VMware environments
- Knowledge of standard MS/Linux tools & scripting languages (Ruby, Bash, Perl, Python, PowerShell)
- Knowledge of Microsoft AD, GPO, Windows Server operating systems and core infrastructure components (file servers, DFS)
- Experience supporting and administering Citrix environments
- Experience of maintaining a range of common server applications, including Apache, Samba, Tomcat, JBoss, IIS, MS SQL, sharepoint, etc
- Understanding of IP networking and common protocols such as FTP, HTTP and SSH, and understanding of network security practices including the use of VPNs, ACLs and firewalls
- Basic experience with network troubleshooting e.g. trace route, MTRs, Ping, routing loops, understanding TCP dump capture
- Initiative to understand an environment and create comprehensive documentation where required
- Discover errors and weak points within the processes and provide improvements and update/create new ways of working.
- Perform basic Functional and / or Performance testing when necessary or at request
- Following Instructions & procedures
- Good communication skills. English language is a must, both written and verbal
- Working with People
- Problem Solving & strategic thinking
- Knowledge sharing; Working in a team environment
- Working under pressure
- Willingness to learn and progress
Additional desirable skills for post-holder:
- Knowledge &/or experience of SAN technologies; StorNext, iSCSI and Fibre Channel
- Experience of using JSON and REST apis
- Knowledge of the Redhat Katello stack including Pulp repository management.
- Knowledge & experience of using Amazon Web Services
- Experience of Senior Management liaison and of presenting information of a complex technical nature to a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of project work and methodologies ideally gained through involvement in complex high profile projects in the broadcast sector
- Ability to process and present complex system information in a clear and concise fashion for escalation to senior teams for prompt issue resolution.
What we offer
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities and Sports Teams etc.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT; SharedServ
Job details: 1st Level Operations Job Stage 02