Senior Post Production Engineer
Red Bee Media is an organization which has more than 2500 employees, based in UK, France, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Spain, US, Canada and Australia. We connect the world’s content to audiences everywhere. This we do through an agile, innovative and flexible technology infrastructure with world class operating models. We operate in TV markets all over the world and with some of the strongest brands in the industry. We work with both public service broadcasters and major commercial clients including the BBC, ITV, C4, C5 Canal+, and many clients in France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Russia and China among others. We work with local market channels, pan-European channels, global channels and every combination in between and we understand the complexities of each.
We are looking for a Senior Post Production Engineer to join our small team who support a number of post production facilities owned or operated within the London area.
This is a role that often requires you to be client facing and where you will need to act as a responsible ambassador for Red Bee Media at all times.
You will acting as a point of escalation for support calls from the first line team and will be expected to proactively work with the first line engineers to address problem management.
You will also be expected to work with Project Delivery when required, which may involve costing, specifying, procuring, installing, commissioning and documenting solutions before managing the process of handing over to operations and support teams.
As we support multiple sites some travel across London, and possibly internationally, will be required.
You should have an excellent knowledge of post-production systems, technologies, workflows and processes and should be abreast of modern developments within the industry.
We have a policy of proactively developing and nurturing emerging talent within the engineering team and are looking for someone with a strong history of mentoring and training.
The role often requires you to take on responsibility and it is important that you can work independently when required.
- Work on customer Projects and 3rd Line Support (expected to be 75% project and 25% support)
- Customer Issue handling
- Receive, 2nd & 3rd Line calls, accurately record, investigate diagnose and resolve
- Support and train the 1st line team
- Escalate to the Post Production Technical Manager for technical guidance, where needed
- Maintain records and logs of work done using the department service desk tools, on the installation, modification and repair of systems
- Perform regular checks of systems, and undertake routine scheduled maintenance on supported technologies
- Have an understanding of ITIL service management principles, with particular focus on Incident, Problem, Change Control and Configuration management policies and processes
- Identify and track trends, ensuring resolutions are progressed and implemented following change control processes
- Ensure resolution of complex issues are recorded and fed back to the support team in an agreed format and stored in an accessible location
- Deliver projects on time and on budget with comprehensive support and operational documentation.
- Focus on customer service and customer quality
- Ability to work as part of a team supporting multiple sites efficiently and conscientiously
- A clear ability to multi-task in a complex dynamic environment with regularly changing priorities
- A strong belief in and commitment to structured and formalized approaches to documentation
- Deep understanding of customer service with the ability to view systems in terms of service provision rather than discrete technical components, and should see technology as a business enabler
- An understanding that the business of post production will occasionally require the flexibility to work out-of-hours and take ownership of service affecting issues until a satisfactory resolution is reached
- A desire for personal self-development.
- A desire to support and enable the development of the rest of the team.
- Experience of working in a fast moving modern post production environment
- Experience of post-production procedures and methods, Should be familiar with online/offline workflows
- Excellent operational knowledge of standard Non-linear editing software including
- Avid Media Composer,
- Adobe Premiere
- Adobe After Effects,
- Apple Final Cut Pro
- Knowledge & experience of shared storage and asset management systems,
- Avid ISIS
- Avid Interplay
- Knowledge and experience of Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems
- Understanding of QC processes including all relevant technical standards:
- ACSR Qualifications
- Knowledge of more specialized non linear editing systems including:
- Digidesign Protools
- Discreet Flame
- Filmlight Baselight
- Blackmagic Resolve
- Familiarity with API Integration (eg SOAP, REST etc.)
- Knowledge of broadcast video formats, protocols, and encoding standards
- Knowledge of broadcast video infrastructure, Desirable to have experience with setting up and configuring video & audio matricies, control systems & KVM Matrix systems
- High level of experience with fundamental IT Principles including Operating Systems (Wintel, MacOs, Linux) Networking (Routing, WAN, Security, Proxy) Authentication (LDAP, AD)
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and build new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business, and society to fulfill their potential and create a more sustainable future.
With some 115,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || London || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 261733