Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
The Robotics Process Automation Senior Developer is responsible for coding the automation process components as per the Low-level Design (LLD) or Technical Design Document (TDD) document(s). The senior developer will also validate the automation by performing appropriate unit testing, and ensure configuration control is maintained at all times. The senior developer mentors junior developers and performs QC checks on code components developed by them.
• Work closely with Technical Lead for understanding the functional and technical design
• Develops and configures automation processes as per the technical design document (TDD) to meet the defined requirements. Works on the coding the more complicated automations or reusable components
• Develops new processes/tasks/objects using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand
• Complies with and helps to enforce design and coding standards, policies and procedures
• Ensures documentation is well maintained
• Ensures quality of coded components by performing thorough unit testing
• Works collaboratively with test teams during the product test and UAT phases to fix assigned bugs with quality
• Reports status, issues and risks to tech leads on a regular basis
• Improves skills in automation products by completing automation certification
• Mentors junior developers and performs code reviews for quality control
• Education: Bachelors in Engineering (B.E/ B.Tech in IT, Telecom)
• 8-12 years of IT experience and have good understanding of programming concepts. Should be from a programming background on any coding language (preferably .Net), with minimum of 6 months in industry leading RPA products
• Working experience in coding on at least 2 projects or 2 years of development.
• Microsoft product certified
• Understands software development methodology, configuration management and lifecycle
• Good analytical skills to improvise configuration/scripting to match new situations
• Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented
• Well organized, good communication and reporting skills
• Certification in industry leading Robotics Automation products
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.