Customer Project Manager - New Product Introduction (NPI)
We are looking for a Customer Project Manager to introduce New Products (HW/SW/Services) in the MANA (Market Area North America). Your purpose is to manage a high performing team of HW/SW/Services Engineers, and be responsible for ensuring customer goals and targets are met, by ensuing new products (HW/SW) and services are GA’d in the customer environment to support their mass deployment plans with high quality and great customer satisfaction, ensure these products (HW/SW) and services are orderable, marketable, sellable, implementable, and maintainable on the US/Canadian Market for Tier 1, 2 and 3 customers.
The projects you run must be done in a way to ensure that the project goals are met utilizing Global/MANA Project Management tools and processes (XLPM/Chronos/SAP etc..), customer’s expectations are fulfilled & that the customer relationship is handled in the best possible way within the scope of the project.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Understanding of E// Core three principles.
- Good understanding of Ericsson HW/SW and Services solutions in the Networks Portfolio.
- Overall good understanding of the Ericsson XPLM model (TG’s/MS etc)
- Support and ensure that project execution is being driven for your projects in a manner that demonstrates: tracking project activities, monitoring & handling of changes, effective conflict management & escalation resolution as appropriate and ensuring Financial goals and targets are met.
- Ensure and Support the CFR’s in managing customer relationship building confidence & trust, ensure project progress arranging meetings & customer events as appropriate
- Ability to drive and negotiate MA requirements back into the PDUs
- Developed understanding of Project Financial Management (Chronos/SAP etc..)
- Greatl track records with difficult customers
- Tracking and driving Cost of Poor Quality KPIs
- Ensure all financial, operational KPI’s are tracked and healthy within your project scope.
- Support developing the business: participate in contract preparation & to pre-sales meeting as requested or needed
- Develop the Ericsson CPM discipline: simplify processes, methods & tools with innovative ideas
Education: College degree or equivalent experience
- 3 - 7 years of Project management experience
- 3+ years NPI experience (in a technical or project manager role)
- Strong project financials experience
- Strong customer interaction and engagement
- Project Manager certification (PMP)
- Experience with T1 Customers
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and build new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business, and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world.
Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Toronto || ServEng
Req ID: 261345