ICT Architect for Technology & Portfolio
We are now looking for an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Architect. You will be a member of the Technology & Portfolio group in the Global Network and Technology division of Ericsson's Lab Operations. Lab Operations is responsible for both day-to-day operations as well as service evolution in Ericsson's global labs. As a partner with Ericsson’s Research & Development, we strive to guarantee that we are using the correct technology to deliver the best possible environment for our developers. Our environment includes both traditional IT services built on known technologies as well as Ericsson telco products, all of which are needed by our developers to deliver quality product, such as 5G, to our customers. We embrace an ever-changing technology world where we need to bring new technologies into our environment while still guaranteeing stability for our users.
Technology's role in Lab Operations is to ensure that we have the knowledge needed to make informed technical decisions and to push for appropriate innovation and change. We drive both short-term and long-term technology change and own the overall architecture for our environment. Responsibilities of people in Technology & Portfolio include addressing technical questions (pre-studies), driving standardized solutions across the entire Ericsson lab landscape, understanding new technologies and their applicability to us, and pushing change in focus areas. Our work is always done in close collaboration with other parts of the global IT organization.
You will report to the manager of Technology & Portfolio and will be one of the solution architects in the group. This means that you will need to have a holistic understanding of the services offered by Lab Operations and our sister organizations. You will work with architectural improvement across our entire service portfolio, both with current technology and with changes needed to reflect new technologies. When needed, you will participate in and drive long-term change activities in our focus area activities.
Experience that is either required or desirable:
- Hands-on experience with today's IT systems, giving your technological expertise a foundation in today's reality
- Generalist understanding of technologies used within the IT world
- Understanding of a "software" way of thinking, preferably with software development experience
- Understanding of automation technologies, such as Ansible, puppet, terraform, other infrastructure-as-code technologies
- A proven track record of technological excellence and knowledge, which may include but need not be limited to IT security, datacenter and WAN networking, storage (both today's and software-defined storage systems), cloud and virtualization technologies, including OpenStack, VMware, and container technologies, monitoring, and analytics of datacenter operations
- Curiosity to identify and examine critically technological trends we need to understand
- A collaborative spirit since you will work with people from different parts of Ericsson (and the world) to reach your goals
- Patience needed to drive change in a large organization
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || IT
Req ID: 261306