Data Scientist - Product Development Job stage 5
Do you have in depth understanding of ML and AI technologies? Do you want to apply and extend those skills to solve real world, complex problems with high societal impact; going beyond ML/AI for consumption and advertising? Then, you do want to join Ericsson’s global team of Data Scientists pushing the technology frontiers to automate, simplify and add new value through large and complex data.
5G will give operators the possibility to improve their existing consumer business, address previously untapped value chains and open up new opportunities in new ecosystems. At Ericsson, we combine human intelligence – developed over 140 years of communications networking experience – with machine learning and AI to amplify 5G’s disruptive capabilities and drive industry transformation.
Ericsson’s Global AI Accelerator (GAIA) is a global team of talented data scientists, data engineers and business translators, chartered to accelerate the transformational journey for our customers and their customers. As part of this team, you will co-create – with our technologists, engineers and operators around the world – to build revolutionary solutions and models that drive economic growth in the real world.
This team will work on the most challenging and exciting opportunities, like
- Codifying networks of millions of nodes with billions of users and 10s of billions of devices
- Designing, developing, and implementing streaming and near-real time data pipelines with daily PETA byte of data.
- Building a knowledge graph for profitable human augmented real-time operations and management of large and global network including security, trust and compliance
- Developing MI-based offerings to profitably optimize 100K services to mission critical IoT based services
- Creating highly scalable and distributed MI solutions for real-time operations and management that will span the continuum of AI on billions of devices
- Developing Human to AI interactions, augmenting human knowledge, for real-time operations of global network(s) serving billions of users and 10s of billions of devices.
- Developing offerings for monetization of data and insights. Creating new business models while preserving the user trust and compliance such as GDPR and industry specific laws
- Devising solutions for profitable, secure, compliant and ethical Sharing/trading of data and insights, generated from consumer and IoT devices, networks and services, between various stakeholders in the value-chain
- And more!
We are looking for exceptional technologists with a mix of intellectual curiosity, desire to learn and obsession for excellence.
Purpose of the Job Role:
As a Data Scientist, you will need to have strong programming skills and deep understanding of data science and Machine Learning tools. Have proven experience in Data Science methodologies and how to apply them to solve challenging real-world problems as part of a highly dynamic and global team. You have strong communication, collaboration and planning skills. You will be working on high impact initiatives with other specialists in Machine Intelligence to drive growth and economic profitability for Ericsson and its customers by accelerating current Ericsson offerings as well create new offerings in the areas of MI driven 4G and 5G network, distributed cloud, IoT and other emerging businesses.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Conduct functional and technical analysis within Ericsson organization and strategic customers to understand MI-driven business needs and opportunities
- Contribute to rapid and iterative development of high quality ML/AI applications. This includes working with petabytes of 4G/5G-networks, IoT and exogenous data, and proposing/selecting/testing predictive models, recommendation engines, anomaly detection systems, statistical model, deep learning, reinforcement learning and other machine learning systems
- Conduct studies and find creative usage of new and/or existing data sources. Work with Data Architects to leverage existing data models and build new ones, as needed.
- Collaborate with product development teams and partners in Ericsson Businesses to industrialize machine learning models and solutions as part of Ericsson offerings including providing source code, workflows and documents
- Work with new technologies and champion them in MI Communities within Ericsson.
- Assist MI Competence build-up in Ericsson Businesses and Customer Serving Units
- Help to develop new and apply/extend existing, concepts, methodologies, techniques for cross functional initiatives
- Engage with external ecosystem (academia, technology leaders, open source etc.) to develop the skills and technology portfolio for MI’s needs
- Strong skills in Machine Learning especially techniques such as Linear/Logistic Regression, Bagging, Bayesian model, Neural Networks, Random forest, Gradient boosting, Hyperparameter optimization techniques etc.
- Proven skills and track record (Github, open source etc.) in the use of current state of the art machine learning frameworks such as Keras, TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn, H2o, Spark etc. in developing ML/AI applications
- Experience of data wrangling and data munging, using Big Data technologies
- Strong analytical skills and ability to acquire new knowledge and apply it in the job
- Programming skills in various languages (C++, Scala, Java, R) with proficiency in Python and/or C++
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Creativity and ability to formulate problems and solve them independently
- Ability to develop and drive new ways of working, to produce deliverables in a more efficient way
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with data visualization and dashboard creation
- Certifying MI MOOCS, a plus
- Applications/Domain-knowledge in Telecommunication and/or IoT, a plus.
- Ability to build and nurture internal and external communities
- Experience in writing and presenting white papers, journal articles and technical blogs on the results
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, i.e., working with complex multiple stakeholder business units, global customers, technology and other ecosystem partners in a multi-culture, global matrix organization with sensitivity and persistence
Location: Bangalore, Chennai
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information. Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position.