Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
- Dedicated to the functions of collecting, cleaning, and stitching together data. In MS delivery, the Data Engineer will be a dedicated role to support the recurring need to create new data pipeline requirements supporting analytics and automation teams as well as continually optimize and streamline those data pipeline components.
- Develop and deliver data solutions to support business needs & requirements by creating and optimizing data pipelines and data models for analytical solution’s data lake / data warehouses towards specific services
- Responsible for transforming data into a format that can be easily analyzed and to provide a solid base for data analytics.
- Expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams and for various flows and processes.
- Collaborate with business and process owners to understand business issues, and with engineers to implement and deploy scalable solutions, where applicable.
- Education: Bachelors in Engineering (B.E/ B.Tech in IT, Telecom)
- 2-4 years of minimum experience required.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Strong experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores, ‘data lake’ and other latest architectures.
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Technology, Information Systems or another equivalent field of expertise.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including T-SQL, PL-SQL and Postgres.
- Good experience in administrating Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012
- Good command of programming languages - any of the object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, .NET, C#, etc.
- Considered a plus: experience with big data/visualization tools like Hadoop, Hive, Cloudera, Tableau, Spark etc.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing ways of working
- Where applicable, create Automations that should be integrated in current solutions and ways of working
- Creating & innovating
- Learning and Researching
- Applying expertise and technology
- Presenting & communicating information
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.