Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
- Convert analytics strategy into architecture guidelines
- In conjunction with Business Translators and Data Scientists, create analytic solutions in line with Stakeholder needs
- Design, develop, and deliver Analytics solutions
- Provide operations support for Analytics solutions
- Besides the Analytics, the Data Architect is also focused on the objectives to build on capabilities and delivery model to embed Automation implementation within Analytics ways of working. The role will be responsible for requirements, analysis/design, and coordination of execution for automation implementations.
- The Data Architect will own the end-to-end delivery on all technical matters for Solutions provided as Analytics (also with Automation features)
- Education: Bachelors in Engineering (B.E/ B.Tech in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Systems Automation, IT Systems Engineering or another equivalent field of expertise )
- 12+ years of minimum experience required
- Strong knowledge on applicable solution lifecycle management, modeling, and repository tools
- Strong knowledge on current market top-used products in relation with the Analytics target architecture/ technologies
- Strong experience building and optimizing data pipelines and architectures related solutions
- Strong knowledge in Solution development technologies
- Strong knowledge in Automation
- Strong knowledge on build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Strong working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores, ‘data lake’ and other latest architectures
- Knowledge of IT tools involved in solution development, deployment and operations process
- General knowledge on telecom field specific technologies, architecture and solutions
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Good experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including T-SQL, PL-SQL and Postgres.
- Considered a plus: experience with big data/visualization tools like Hadoop, Hive, Cloudera, Tableau, Spark etc.
- Interacts with Business solution owner, process owners and solution users
- Cooperates with Business Analyst, Data scientists, Data Engineers and Data Analysts
- Gets in contact with partners and vendors for learning about products and architectures
- Creating strategies and roadmaps for continuous development and adaptation of current tools and platforms to the future trends and optimal performance with respect to the business needs
- Learning and Researching
- Formulating Strategies & Concepts
- Applying Expertise & Technology
- Adapting and responding to Change
- Planning and Organizing
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.