This position is from Ericsson Business Area Digital Services, PDU Packet Core PDG Analytics & Optimization in Guangzhou.
We are looking for strong candidates who are willing to take new challenges in video/traffic optimization domain with matched core competence.
As a system test engineer, you will test and maintain products to ensure product quality, secure test methods and test environment to fulfil all the assigned test activities within approved cost, time and quality criteria. Load related test, troubleshooting and tuning is the major focus.
Our ways of working are based on agile principles with adapted practices.
Needed Core Competence
- Bachelor or above, major in CS, EE or related fields
- Excellent knowledge and experience in load related test, troubleshooting and tuning
- Excellent knowledge and experience at least 2 test tools, and experience in Puretest and Pureload is a plus
- Excellent knowledge in UNIX/Linux
- Good knowledge in Shell or Python script language
- Good experience in Continuous Integration and its tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Familiar with network protocol knowledge including HTTP, TCP, LDAP, RADIUS, etc.
- Good knowledge on hardware and virtual/cloud platform
- Good knowledge of Agile methods such as Scrum
- Good knowledge of software testing, test sense and test strategy including test process and test methodologies, e.g. Agile Testing
- Good team player with strong willingness to support team members, and can work independently under high pressure
- Good command in English
Responsibilities and tasks
- Design/execute test cases manually and automatically with efficiency
- Develop test plans/methods/environment to ensure products fulfil requirement specifications
- Analyze test results and troubleshooting, issue TR (trouble report) and complete test report
- Develop, maintain and evolve automation test framework and test tools.
- Maintain and improve Continuous Integration framework
- Work closely with software developers to reproduce, analysis, and debug internal bugs as well as customer issues found in the field
- Work in Scrum team, follow Scrum Way of Working and take continuous improvement
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Guangzhou (Canton) || R&D
Req ID: 260932