Director - Automation Innovation
Description of the Unit
Group IT is a function hosted in Business Area Managed Services with the aim to drive our digital strategy, vision and to ensure cross-functional execution. Automation & AI is a key theme of Ericsson Digital Transformation and competence is now consolidated to drive business transformation through automation, and to ensure a secure and scalable development, deployment and continued operations.
This position will be reporting to the Head of Automation & AI Transformation.
The position is to be held in Sweden (Kista) or US to be close to the team, the key stakeholders and leading automation & AI vendors and innovation centres
The Director Automation Innovation will be a key member of the Group IT team driving strategy and innovation in the area of automation and AI for enterprise & services processes as well as being responsible for the Group automation transformation journey. This role is expected to identify new solutions based on automation and AI technologies, relevant use cases for pilots and to ensure stakeholder alignment in the change process from ideation to incubation. The individual occupying this role will focus on creating value through new innovative technologies and ways of working and will partner with business stakeholders, software vendors and IT-teams to digitalize Ericsson.
The role demands considerable flexibility in quickly adapting to shifting needs, and is expected to effectively cover a range of responsibilities including, but not limited to:
• Drive several automaton & AI pilots from ideation to incubation
• Drive market research into cutting-edge Automation technologies
• Align stakeholders on the need for automation and innovation
• Drive Intelligent Automation (RPA, MI, NLP) point of view within the company. Write blogs, collaborate with other automation leaders.
• Provide thought leadership and shape the knowledge base within Automation & Artificial Intelligence areas.
• Collaborate with stakeholders at different levels in the units and champion change and transformation enablement
• Collaborate within the team to ensure execution the Automation strategy towards set targets, from innovation to Operations
We have high expectations on you as an individual, to bring a good combination of broad-based business, leadership, and functional experience:
• Ability to influence across the organization, effectively leading change, originating ideas, championing and gaining commitment
• Deep level of understanding and experience in technology strategy, operations transformation, technology adoption, digital transformation, one or more Automation & AI technologies
• Established or emerging thought leader on Intelligent Operations and Automation
• Leadership experience; leader of high performing individuals and teams
• Broad change management competence
• Broad understanding of Ericsson Service delivery and/or Back-office Operations
• Broad understanding of Ericsson strategy and performance management processes
• Excellent senior stakeholder management and presentation skills
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong ability to present with confidence in front of an audience
• Master degree in Engineering or Business Administration
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || IT