Service & Resource Fulfillment
Job Description – Assistant Engineer- MPBN (SRF)
Function: SRF – MPBN
Position: Assistant Engineer. Engineer SRF
Location: [Noida (Uttar Pradesh), India]
Working Hours: 24X7 (Primarily Night Shifts )
Qualifications: [Degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering]
Total Experience: 1-3 years in Telecom Industry
Relevant Experience: 1-2 yrs (relevant to IP network)
Technical and/or functional skills: [ IP Network Nodes / IP Routing Protocols]
The primary purpose is to take full responsibility of Configuration/ Technical Discussions / Self Initiator to Mentor peers for Competence Development / Process understanding and awareness / Audits awareness and follow ups / handling emergencies activities related to MPBN Network.
The position responsible will be required:
1. To ensure configuration/ upgrades / updates handling on various MPBN nodes.
2. To participate in internal technical discussions in view to improve overall network performance and make recommendations wherever possible.
3. Execute system configuration related changes as per given access rights.
4. To ensure MSTOP Processes are followed in the Workplace.
B.E / B.Tech. in Electronics & Communications with at least 1-3 years of experience in IP networking.
Technical and/or functional skills: [Cisco/Juniper/Ericsson Certification]
The SRF Assistant Engineer reports to CA Manager.
The SRF Engineer is responsible for specific systems by performing the following activities:
- Configuration Change Planning: effectively plan to implement all Configuration activities related to routers (Cisco, Juniper, Ericsson, Huawei, Alcatel-lucent) & Extreme switches as per the network requirements.
- Integrating new node, reconfiguration of existing nodes, shifting of traffic etc.
- Upgrades & updates (router/switch/firewall)
- Defining firewall policies, opening port & configuring routing.
- Pre/Post change checks: to ensure that the configuration activity has been carried out properly without any impact on services, Pre/post activity checks and testing will have to be done.
The following work position / area/ specific functional skills are typically applicable to the Engineer-SRF functional role.
Good Technical Knowledge of the specific MPBN nodes i.e. Router/Switch/Firewall for Mobile Communication
Understanding of all Processes, routines activities and stakeholder management.
- Good Expertise on IP Protocols (i.e. OSPF, ISIS, BGP, MPLS, BFD, VRRP)
- Clear & detailed understanding of GSM/GPRS/WCDMA/LTE/IN Call flows
- Good exposure to Router/Switch/Firewall of MPBN nodes of Cisco / Juniper / Ericsson / Huawei / Alcatel-lucent.
- Understanding and awareness of switching