ICT Engineer- Sr Engineer, Network Security, IT Infra Operations
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
The incumbent would be part of Ericsson Network Security Back Office team. He would be responsible to provide second-level support on incidents, problem resolutions and technical operations. The incumbent should be expert on hardcore networking technologies such as firewalls, proxies, loadbalancers, VPNs and must have a passion for it.
- Education: Bachelors in Engineering (B.E/ B.Tech in IT, Telecom)
- 4.5- 8 years’ experience working with firewalls, proxies, loadbalancers and VPN products from leading vendors. Should have excellent hands on troubleshooting experience
- The applicant will require a Strong background in Linux systems, Scripting (BASH, Expect), Automation platforms like Ansible, Puppet, Networking and Firewall technologies.Juniper, F5, Bluecoat, Palo Alto certified applicants are preferred
- Experience in a similar role is essential, with 5+ years Firewall experience in a similar support role.
- The candidate will need to be prepared to be flexible in approach to work content and responsibilities, along with out of hours and on call support.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ideal candidate should have a good understanding of ITIL problem and change management practices, working to defined service level agreements.
- Knowledge of Network Security products, Firewall and VPN technologies.
- Networking skills including TCP/IP, DNS and knowledge of Internet services such as proxies, email and FTP.
- Good TCP-IP knowledge, support and diagnosis skills to be able to troubleshoot problems effectively
- Strong troubleshooting skills is MUST
- Knowledge of Juniper Netscreen Security Gateway and SRX is essential.
- Knowledge of F5 BIG-IP experience is essential.
- Knowledge of Bluecoat Secure Gateway appliance, Reporter & Director.
- Knowledge of Palo Alto firewalls is essential
- Knowledge of Citrix Netscalers is essential.
- Knowledge of Juniper Secure Access appliances (SSL VPN)
- Good organization and communication skills. Able to cope with demanding schedules and tight deadlines. Conscientious, able to communicate well with our customers at all levels, and have a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Investigate and resolve incidents
- Investigate and diagnose problems. Where applicable, identify short-term work-around solutions.
- Act as network expert and identify enhancements in existing deployed solutions, provide input to RFCs etc.
- Support and maintain firewalls, switches, proxies, load balancers and Citrix NetScaler equipments.
- Create technical documentation
- Provide technical support
- Redesign and reconfigure alarms for network
- Maintain a stable environment and optimizes the network as necessary
- Contribute to implement continuous improvements in the organization
- Technical support handling of internal and external customers
- Develop solutions and tools based on technical requirements
- Creating & Innovating
- Persuading & Influencing
- Applying Expertise & technology
- Working with people
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer expectations
- Following Instructions & Procedures
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.