Senior Research Engineer - Cloud Native 5GC
Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
With acceleration of telecom core network transformation, we need invest more research like (but more focus on product development) activities to try and understand new generation network technologies, i.e. efficient packet forwarding, cloud native, orchestration for smaller granularity services, cloud platform, virtualization etc. and make prove of concepts to practices & adoption those technologies for new network services on cloud platform. We will very focus on 5GC (Evolvement of EPC) but not limited.
So, we need a developer who can do E2E development of PoC, prototyping or product development in this new area. Suitable candidate will responsible for cross role activities in a relatively small team cover all needed assignment, such as system architect, design, coding, testing and integration based on needs. This work will require the candidate develop new core network (Packet Core function focus) on Cloud systems, ranging from enablers of disruptive hardware, via distributed operating system mechanisms, to cutting-edge service delivery technologies.
- Master’s degree with relevant experience in academia or industry in Computer Science, Computer engineering, or related technical fields
- Software development experience in one or more common programming languages
- Analytical skills
- Ability and eagerness to acquire new knowledge and apply it in the job
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Creativity and ability to work independently
- Strong background or hands-on experiences in at least one of the following three fields:
- Cloud and platform technologies and/or datacenter infrastructure
- Distributed computing and systems, and/or operating systems
- Telecommunication systems and standards (3GPP, ETSI NFV, etc.).
- Experience in developing patents and other IPR
- Experience in contributing to research communities, including conference papers and other research publications
- Experience in contributing to Open Source or leading Open Source projects
- An established personal network within academia and/or industry
- Project or team leadership experience
- Relevant work experience – including technology startup, full time industry experience, or as researcher in a lab