HW Make Support
Manage the logistics infrastructure of the repair center and stocking points based upon parameters such as the Repair Center demands (for normal and project), components classification etc. Secure the availability of component for the Repair Center demands, with adequate and sufficient inventories.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Improve availability and ITO by managing component inventory, assuming the following responsibilities.
- Component Master Maintenance: Establishes and maintains component master table, account active components and update the required component information.
- Component Request Planning: Plans, prioritizes, and implements to meet the requirement of Repair Center, develops planning tools and processes, effectively organize and control the planning work. Work out the component request plan (include the normal, project and new request).
- Component Purchasing: Sources and releases orders based upon the component request plan, Maintains clear communication with suppliers and builds business relationships with suppliers. Payment request check and prepare necessary document. Ensure the sources match the requirement from global planning and the Ericsson Source guild-lines.
- Component Weekly Availability Report: Evaluates and releases the availability of component for the Repair Center demands, analyze the reason of the shortage, evaluates risks and decide the actions. Traces the unsolved shortage and display the statues.
- Component Exceed management: Maintain a continuous process to avoid redundant and obsolete stock.
- Component implementation: Service for Repair Centers for daily issue handling and performance management, thus securing the regular operation of the Repair Center. Co-ordinate and organize process improvements, and initiate actions to correct and or prevent nonconformities in components and processes. Component planner KPI review and correction.
- Standard workmanship knowledge
- Ericsson Factory Handbook
- Ericsson Production System
- Lean Production
- Material planning processes
- Material purchasing and sourcing processes
- Working with people
- Presenting and communicating information
- Leading and supervising
- Learning and researching
- Deliver results and meeting customer expectations
Minimum Qualififcation & Experience Requirements
- Deep experience in planning methods
- Deep experience of purchasing and sourcing processes
Preferred Qualification & Experience Requirements
- First academic degree or the equivalent level of knowledge in whatever way acquired
- Approx. 2 – 5 years relevant experience is required
Additional Requirments,Phusical Demands, Region/Local Specification
- Understanding of business issues.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Guangzhou (Canton) || ServEng
Req ID: 260605