Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We are looking for an industry expert who will be part of establishing a best practise contract management unit, driving change and developing commercial strategies and execute them through creation and positioning of commercial value; improvement in terms and conditions from a commercial, legal perspective and creation and protection of up-sell opportunities; Risk Management across the contractual lifecycle; Monitoring and working with the Core 3, for improved financial (margins, cash, working capital and upsell) performance of contracts.
As Contract Manager within Customer Unit T-Mobile you will be based in Bellevue, WA, in a very customer focused organization. You will be part of a strong result and collaboration oriented team. Your job is spread across a variety of functions and groups and will predominantly be focused on the wide scope of pre-sales and post-sales activities across all areas of Ericsson’s Networks, Digital Services and Managed Services portfolio.
The main responsibilities for this role include the following;
- Ensure right terms and conditions including compliance to company policies, sales directives during the sales process of new deals.
- Ensure strict contractual scope bounding is established to protect against any profit leakage through scope creep.
- Lead the Change Request Process from a contractual perspective.
- Negotiate and resolve commercial disputes and settlements relating to the contracted scope.
- Provide contract knowledge, guidance and assistance on interpretation of contractual clauses.
- Provide internal guidance on mitigation claims and resolve any escalations via commercial governance. Maintain knowledge of operational issues which could result in commercial disputes. Advise operational teams on commercial risk mitigation strategies.
- Protect Ericsson's rights under contract and ensure the proper performance of the respective party’s obligations.
- Defend and improve profitability and working capital via professional risk- and claim management.
- Monitor and follow up execution of the contract.
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- Excellent commercial and financial understanding
- Strong contractual and business law awareness
- Customer interface and negotiation experience
- Proven Risk and Claim Management experience
- Experience with and knowledge of Network roll-out or Digital Services or Managed Service deals and Telecom infrastructure is a strong plus.
- Team player with excellent communication and relationship development skills
- Creative, innovative mind-set to spot opportunities and synergies
- Tenacious, determined and self-managing
- Attention to detail
- Fluency in English both written and oral
- University degree in relevant discipline such as law/business administration/finance /engineering (or equivalent)
- Minimum years of experience in contract management; 5 years
- IACCM certified or equivalent is a plus
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Bellevue || Consulting&SysInt; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; SharedServ; Supply&Log
Req ID: 260521