Software Delivery Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to undertake a role within the media management software development team. The software delivery manager (SDM) role is one that works closely with the development teams and the work requestors, which can be internal business stakeholders, product managers or project managers and solution architects working on behalf of an end delivery client.
The SDM is a key role within the development team working to understand requirements, translate these into work for the development team and help prioritise, plan and deliver this into the business. Working in accordance with agile methodologies the SDM role is key to keeping the team motivated and on track, removing impediments and resolving issues along the way. Looking to provide solutions to the team but also outwardly to the business.
This role requires working closely with architects, developers, testers, product owners and business stake holders to help innovate and design solutions across the domain of Media Management. Delivering both new product and platform development features and ongoing CR’s to existing clients.
The ideal candidate should be from a technical and/or operational background or have experience in being a Product Owner within a scrum team with the following areas of expertise:
- A positive, constructive approach with an emphasis on collaboration and flexibility
- A passion for all aspects of software development from design to delivery and operation
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Attention to detail
- Experience working with development planning tools such as Jira, Confluence, Aha!
- Experience influencing product roadmaps
Software Delivery Manager duties and responsibilities:
- Take lead of scrum teams as the Product Owner
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
- Define product vision, road-map and growth opportunities
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Research and analyse market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Follow our competitors and the industry
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Work with Project Managers to help plan development releases into test and production
- Ensure adequate handover to support and operations
- An enthusiasm for new technologies and their application for both business and consumers.
- A natural curiosity and a passion for learning new skills. A continuous improvement mindset.
- The tenacity to keep going when things get difficult, an optimistic and upbeat personal manner.
- The interpersonal skills required to build credible, long term relationships with clients, colleagues and partners.
- The ability to provide solutions and guidelines that are strategic but also relevant, cost-effective and deliverable.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken. The ability to vocalise the issues and initiatives of the day in a positive manner.
- A suitably analytical approach, the ability to critically evaluate ideas and information, select relevant data, and identify key trends, issues, problems and solutions.
- An ability to deliver on time and on budget
- A demonstrable concern for results and achieving goals, with high standards of performance and a desire to improve on previous performance levels
- Able to gain commitment and confidence from teams who are not direct reports.
- High quality communication skills across all media and across a range of situations.
- Highly resilient, flexible and accommodating under pressure.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience required
- Computer Science, Broadcast Media or Maths background highly desired
- Working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || London || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 260513