Solution Architect - RBS Site Engineering
Solution Architect – RBS Site Engineering
- The Solution Architect (RBS Site Solutions) is required to act as the Ericsson Site Engineering Lead and act as the main point of contact towards the Customer, Programme, and Ericsson Product Development Unit with regards to all site engineering issues and solutions
- Responsible for adapting and evolving the processes, standards, methods and tools within the service family Civil Works and Site Engineering
- The role is related Primarily to Ericsson Radio Products, Infrastructure, Rigging and Antennas, but also includes In-Building solutions, RAN Conrollers/Switching, Civils
- This role will be ideal for someone who has come from an Advanced Engineering & Installation background.
- To act as Site Engineering Lead within the Programme, with close interaction with Customer and Ericsson Solution Lead. This role is accountable for all Site Engineering deliverables into the programme and customer.
- Responsibility for Site Engineering ways of working for product areas: Radio (ERS), Enclosures, Infrastructure, Power, Antenna Line, RNC, BSC
- Implement local delivery process – Create local Engineering process adapted from global process, agree with customer on ways of working, and handover into roll out organisation (eg. configuration, build, integration)
- Align all work against the site rollout plans and New Product Introduction plans, prioritise and allocate work accordingly.
- Take a leading role with the Site Engineering activities i.e. Site Survey & Detailed Design and perform these activities as required
- Radio System :- Translate high level solution designs into Low Level Design documentation suitable for use by implementation teams
- Radio Infrastructure:- Design of Ericsson Radio Solution for implementation into customer’s cabinets and site solutions
- Antenna Line:- Design & implementation support for customer Antenna System designs (Products include Massive-MIMO, Antennas, Feeder Systems, BiasTs, RF jumpers, TMAs, diplexors, splitters / combiners, RET and towers)
- Ensure compliance (including Third Party Contractor compliance) with all Health & Safety, CDM, ICNIRP and any other legislative requirements applicable to on site work (and any changes to these requirements)
- Adapt Ericsson global methods and tools - Create material reference list - “Customer Required products” and “Site & Installation material” documents. Create Site Type requirements specification. Adapt Global templates to local way of working. Secure availability and access to engineering support tools. Manage documentation in structured manner. Agree with Customer on design rules in line with local industry standards, laws and regulations.
- Act as SME into sourcing - Activities include Creating Scope of Work documents, Assist Sourcing with on site assessment of Subcontractor candidates. Technical evaluation of subcontractor candidates.
- Check quality on delivery - Quality check on an % of all delivered Engineering documentation. Perform random inspection on service delivery.
- Act on quality issues - Investigate and implement rectification actions on issues in service delivery. Communicate and implement findings from the service delivery.
- Several years of Site Engineering, Installation Engineering, Advanced Engineering experience including Site Survey, material specification & Site documentation production for one or more of the following areas:- RBS, Antenna Line, Civil, Power equipment, RNC, BSC
- Structural: Environmental design, Enclosure Design, Enclosure installation; environmental alarms; site civils; AC/DC Power M&E works to support RBS installations
- Must have very good experience and knowledge of Ericsson Radio Products – the new Ericsson Radio System products and older RBS6000 products
- Climbing or Working at Height (Rooftop) Trained and Certified (including Medical Clearance, RF Awareness Trained, First Aid Trained)
- Prepared to travel throughout the UK (eg. Newbury, London, Guildford, occasional travel to customer RBS sites)
- Proven experience in producing Engineering documents / Design documents
- Engineering experience for installation of RNCs / BSCs / Transmission / OSS platforms
- Knowledge/Experience of Civils; Towers
- Rigging; Antenna Line Systems (from BTS to antenna) including testing; Antennas; Feeder Systems; RET control,
- Arqiva Accredited
- Strong IT skills eg MS Office, AutoCAD
- Ericsson Product knowledge
- Understanding of Ericsson tools like PIWIN, GASK, Site Handler
- Degree Level / HND in Technical Discipline or Relevant Technical Experience
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log