Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
The Tracking Platform team within Ericsson provides end to end development on Monitoring and performance management tools. This includes critical components that handle Data Capture, Processing & Reporting. Platform components process billions of events a day at scale and aims to provide real time access to data and metrics that would drive actionable insights and aid business decision making.
- Education: Bachelor in Engineering (B.E/ B.Tech in IT, Telecom)
- 2-4years of experience in the software development.
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures, knowledge of object oriented design, Design Patterns and multi-threaded programming
- Strong troubleshooting, debugging, and analytical skills.
- Hadoop developer
- Lead a team of Java developers
- Hadoop development and implementation.
- Loading from disparate data sets.
- Pre-processing using Hive and Pig.
- Designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting Hadoop.
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design.
- Perform analysis of vast data stores and uncover insights.
- Maintain security and data privacy.
- Create scalable and high-performance web services for data tracking.
- High-speed querying.
- Managing and deploying HBase.
- Being a part of a POC effort to help build new Hadoop clusters.
- Test prototypes and oversee handover to operational teams.
- Propose best practices/standards.
- Owns and is accountable for the design and development of core platform components
- Spends most of the time coding and efficiently produces exemplary and thoroughly tested code for most challenging features
- Produces clear, well-documented, complete designs for product features
- Recognized as the go-to developer and is a leader in their specialized field
- Solid communication skills & proven team player.
- Hands on Java Programming Expertise (Core Java, J2EE)
- Hands on Building Restful Services.
- Hands on experience working on Big Data Technologies (Any of MapReduce/Spark Streaming/ Kafka)
- Experience working on SQL solutions with clear understanding of pros and cons of both relational & Free form databases.
- Knowledge and a interest in issues related to Big Data, large scale distributed stream processing, realtime computation systems and behavioural analytics.
Ability to determine impact of architectural solutions and come up with Recommendations
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.