Head of Design Unit, Internet of Things(IoT)
Ericsson is seeking to hire Head of Design Unit, Internet of Things (IoT).
Ericsson’s strategic intent with the IoT business is to become a leader in IoT connectivity and platforms, and to secure new profitable growth for our customers and Ericsson. IoT is also a key success factor for 5G.
IoT is an Acceleration Operating unit within Business Area Technologies and New Businesses and serves as an incubation zone within which potentially disruptive technologies are developed with the ambition of becoming a transformative and profitable future business in Ericsson.
Reporting to the General Manager, IoT, the Head of Design Unit is responsible for building and developing best in class software products for IoT Platform business, continuous improvement of products and services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
- Securing technology leadership for IoT
- Design and develop competitive, high quality and cost-efficient IoT Products and components, which fulfil the Internal Product Plan (IPP), on time
- Build and develop a best-in-class SW development organization for platform business – a large multi-layered unit spread across multiple countries, including system management
- Enable maximized return on investment in R&D by promoting reuse and shortening time to market
- Project management and quality assurance of releases
- Apply DevOps practices cooperating with other units
- R&D site strategy for IoT (including outsourced R&D activities)
- Drive continuous improvements of products and processes
- Drive strategic technical leadership
CRITICAL EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS
- Solid understanding of critical industry pain points and key emerging technologies
- Proven experience from a XaaS business and operating models
- Proven track record of successfully enabling and driving SW product development and market intro
- Customer closeness and Business acumen
- Strong knowledge and experience of R&D processes, including lean & agile practices
- Solid understanding of Ericsson IoT portfolio
- Experience in other senior BU/PA/SA/GF roles or MA/Region roles (across products and services)
- Senior profile with ability to interface with customer C-level and GF/BA/MA stakeholders
- Experience running multi-country organizations and leading leaders
- Proven track record of building, developing and inspiring high-performance teams
- Outstanding team work, networking and collaboration skills
The location for this position is Kista, Sweden.
Should you have any questions regarding the role, do not hesitate to contact the recruiter Katalin Feher at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 260345