System Engineer for Radio SoC (System-On-Chip) System Design
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
The Radio System-on-Chip System Design unit has the systemization responsibility in terms of radio requirement management for radio ASICs (Application Specific Integrated Circuits), FPGA (Field-Programmable Gate Array). The radio System-on-Chip (SoC) is the heart of the Ericsson radio units, which are part of Ericsson’s 2G, 3G, 4G and 5 G base stations. The focus area of the organization unit is the systemization of radio features and radio functionalities which are to be implemented on System-on-Chips.
The radio functionalities will be implemented into the architectural functions, the interfaces on control plane and user plane of the radio signal in downlink and uplink, as well as control functions in CPU (Central Processor Unit) sub systems and other sub systems such as DSP (Digital Signal Processing), memory, ROM (Read-Only-Memory) Boot and Security.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Systemization of radio unit’s functionalities, features, interfaces, configuration capabilities and subsystems. which are to be implemented in ASIC/FPGAs function blocks
- Participate or drive technical analysis studies and pre-development in the SoC systemization areas
- Creating requirement specifications and requirement design specifications about radio ASICs and FPGAs
- Support to design team during development, verification, and validation of the design.
- Continuously improve and optimize ways of working
- Master of Science, Ph.D., Post Doc or similar degrees in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics or Computer Science
- Proficiency within the field of signal processing, telecommunication systems and radio technology
- Systemization knowledge of combined hardware, firmware, middleware and software domains
- Radio system requirements in GSM, WCDMA, LTE and NR
- Experiences on systemization of radio DPD (Digital Pre-Distortion), PIMC (Passive Inter-Modulation Cancellation), DAC/ADC (Digital-Analog Converter/Analog-Digital Converter) and ORAN (Open Radio Access Network) are preferred
- Knowledge in embedded systems, system-on-chip, ASIC, FPGA
- Advanced proficiency level of English language is mandatory, language knowledge in Swedish or Chinese is beneficial.
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible. For any questions and clarifications reach out to the recruiter, Hema Powar, email@example.com
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 260288