Principal Developer for Radio SoC (System-on-Chip) System Design
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a principal developer for Radio System-on-Chip (SoC) system design within Product Development Unit Radio at Ericsson.
- You will collaborate with relevant software and hardware architects to explore SoC performance and power trade-offs. Your key responsibilities will include architecting future SoC designs and contribute to SoC roadmap definition.
- You will be part of our world-class team developing and will be building new tools and methodologies for analyzing and improving SoC designs for radio products in a pre-silicon environment. Simulation, emulation, and hardware profiling will be used to build compelling analysis of new SoC designs. As part of this work, you will participate in the development of best-in-class technology in our RBS products.
- In addition you are expected to participate to the Ericsson technology edge by filing associated patents.
The principal developer for Radio System-on-Chip system responsibility is to
- Drive the radio product level functionality and features into Radio SoC requirement and take scoping decisions. The radio requirements include functionalities, features, performance, configurations, capabilities and characteristics.
- Take technical decisions for structuring and break-downs of radio requirements into each of SoC sub systems as system design solutions.
- Drive radio SoC architectural and interface design in the SoC development.
- Drive radio SoC development strategy for various radio product segments in terms of the selection of ASIC implementation or soft DFEs or combinations of them, based on radio SoC requirements.
- Perform make/buy analysis of SoC chipset solutions.
- During the pre-silicon process, device tests are needed in a virtual environment with sophisticated simulation, emulation, and formal verification tools. In contrast, post-silicon validation tests occur on actual devices running at-speed in commercial, real-world system boards.
- Drive pre-silicon performance simulation and post-silicon performance validation for radio product system level evaluation.
- Develop the system concept of tools to automate test suites and improve the efficiency of functional and performance simulator.
In addition, the position will have the responsibility to
- Generate IPR’s and drive patent applications in the Radio SoC system design.
- Guide and coach the SoC system design organization as mentor.
- MS degree in Engineering Physics/Mathematics, Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of work-experience in relevant fields of responsibility areas.
- Experience reading and writing code in Spice, Matlab, C/C++, System C, Verilog and/or VHDL.
- Experience in SoC architecture performance analysis, tools, and simulators at different abstraction levels.
- Experience analyzing workloads on SoC development and knowledge of hardware performance monitors or profiling.
- PhD or Post doc in Engineering Physics/Mathematics/Electronics Engineering.
- 10-15 years of work-experience in relevant fields of responsibility areas.
- Experience in SoC architecture performance analysis, tools, and simulators for heterogenous systems
- Hands-on experience with SoC’s implementing monolithic integration of CPU, GPU, HW accelerators, FPGA fabric and mixed signals
- Experience designing/implementing or validating RTL for HW accelerators, CPU, GPU, Fabric, Memory
- Domain knowledge in one or more of these areas: Signal processing for radio front-end, Beamforming, Algorithms for DPD, PIMC, Antenna Calibration
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible. For any questions and clarifications reach out to the recruiter, Hema Powar, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 260178