Solution Software Designer - Integration Engineer
The Ericsson Value Added Service (VAS) unit (with a location in Montreal-CA and Rijen-NL), being part of SA COS, is responsible for delivering worldwide services to its customers (mostly telco operators) on senior competence level (Consultancy, Development, Implementation, Integration and Support) on Ericsson VAS (Cloud) solutions/products. With these activities the VAS organization mainly focuses on:
- High prio projects/assignments Ericsson 5 Global market area’s
- Adding value through supporting from the early life cycle up to the end of the life cycle phase of a product/solution/service
- Bringing innovations in solutions, services and ways of working that add value through cost saving or generating new revenue.
The VAS organization is covering telco Applications (Intelligent Network apps) and Messaging solutions. The team in the Netherlands is focusing mainly on Intelligent Network Applications and Service Enablement where we take part in the Cloudification of these solutions and bridging all kind of Telco Voice services to the Web or even to IoT devices where its beneficial.
To facilitate this increased demand and growth the VAS team in NL is looking for 2 (experienced) highly motivated Solution Designers/Integrators.
The Solution Designer/Integrator will be focusing mainly on solution development & integration using Agile practices of new innovative solutions where development, implementation and integration of demos, trials, PoC’s will as well be an important part of the job. The VAS Designer/Integrator reports to the VAS IN line Manager. The IN team consists of 25 employees. The total VAS organization in Rijen - The Netherlands consist of 51 employees of which most are in technical roles.
- Translate architecture and customer requirements into solution design. Focus is on Software.
- Occasionally lead design teams locally and remotely
- Where required design, develop, implement and verify the solution/product together with our international development partners
- Estimate and plan required design effort
- Design and develop demo’s, Proof of Concepts, trials etc. of new innovative solutions in close collaboration with customers, 3PP’s and Ericsson stakeholders
- Analysis of problems, troubleshooting and reporting of faults
- Where feasible train the Ericsson Market Area’s enabling them to take up design and developing themselves
- Train/coach and lead the VAS and MA software engineers in adapting new software engineering practices and tools
What we look for
- Has an analytical mind and is able to adhere to applicable processes.
- Result oriented: Shows result-oriented behavior and takes actions accordingly. Has a flexible attitude. Doesn’t stop when the set goals are not met yet.
- Change oriented and innovative: Constantly challenges existing ways of working to achieve more efficient and effective processes. Thinks “out of the box”.
- Punctual & Factual: A proven precise and punctual way of working where a proper balance is in place between quality and quantity. Decisions and reporting is based on acquired and analyzed facts and figures.
- Cooperation: Cooperates with colleagues in teams of different culture and background to achieve results. Shares pro-actively information, ideas and knowledge. Is a real team player and motivates others.
- Entrepreneurial and pro-active: Takes the lead!
- Good communicator: Capable to bring the message in a clear and effective way. Is pro-active in communicating on different levels in mainly the Ericsson organization but as well with customers.
- Quick learner: Is capable to pick up knowledge in the working environment in an easy way. Pro-actively set steps to further develop competence and is also willing to look outside of the own area of expertise/responsibilities.
- Pressure resistant and fast moving: Is able to handle a number of issues simultaneously, in which business pressure can be high at times and speed in achieving results is often required.
- Able and willing to travel, sometimes for an extensive period
- An adequate degree in computer science or related disciplines; or relevant industry experience in Solution Design/Integration activities
- Experience in creating designs and coding and how to update existing code
- Experience with architectural design
- Experience working in Agile processes
- Experience/knowledge in M2M verticals (e.g. automotive, healthcare, utilities) and Cloud is desirable
- Strong in troubleshooting
- Proficiency in Linux, experience with shell scripts
- Proven knowledge of IP routing and networking principles
- SIP/ISC and/or SS7 protocols
- As the common used language within Ericsson is English the candidate needs to be able to express oneself verbally and written in English.
Dutch is recommended
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Netherlands (NL) || || Rijen || ServEng
Req ID: 259858