RF Developer for Indoor Radio Products Systems
We are looking for both early career (5+ yrs.) and Mid-Career (10+ yrs.) for this role as we have multiple openings.
As a RF System Designer in the PDU Radio Indoor Products Systems Management Architecture and Functional Systems Team, you will work with a wide network of senior designers, specialists, and stakeholders across the global radio development organization.
You will be involved in solving complex technical challenges and develop innovative new technologies for our world leading multi-standard indoor Radio Products focusing on Indoor System Development.
The right person for this task understands the big picture, has a documented strong drive and a pragmatic way of dealing with all types of challenges.
Our organization applies Agile and Lean Product Development philosophy. We strive for achieving continuous improvements, transparency and flow. Your involvement in the development flow starts already in early phases of development and follows the product downstream into detailed development.
- RF System design for the functional behavior of Ericsson's Small Cell Radio Products for Hardware and/or Software
- Radio algorithm design
- Solve complex technical challenges
- Requirement development and handling
- Drive and/or participate in technical studies
- Drive and/or participate pre-development activities
- Create and maintain technical product documentation
- Drive continuous improvements in our products and organization
- B.Sc. or advanced university degree in a relevant discipline
- At least 5 years of experience working with R&D (design, system or I&V) is required
- 5-10 years of RF experience is required
- Experience of developing embedded systems (SW and/or HW) is required
- Experience with Radio Base Station related R&D is required
- Experience with RF related R&D is preferred
- Experience with Small Cell Radio Unit Software and/or Hardware is preferred
- Experience with Lean Product Development is desired
- Knowledge of Agile Software Development methods is desired
- Service minded and self-motivated
- Planning and organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
WHY IS ERICSSON A GREAT PLACE TO WORK?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and build new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business, and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world.
Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || R&D
Req ID: 259838