Senior RF Engineer | Team Lead
Senior RF Engineer | Team Lead
What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publically listed company with more than 95,000 employees globally.
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
In this role, you will:
We are now looking for a Senior RF Engineer, who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for the customers. In this role, you will also be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals.
- Scope define and design solution offerings; driving end-to-end technical solutions
- Analyze customer technology, define business requirements and participate in risk analysis
- Work with core team on list of potential activities and solutions
- Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
- Support deployment of solution
- Provide feedback to R&D
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
- Stay abreast of on new technology/technical areas and share information about solution to enable customer competence build
- Education: Bachelor or Masters in Telecommunications (or equivalent)
- Minimum years of experience: 7+ years in telecommunication operator and/or vendor environment
- Strong technical understanding and experience in RF Planning, Design, Tuning and Optimisation in WCDMA/LTE networks.
- Proven experience in leading team of RF engineers in large scale WCDMA/LTE networks rollout, network capacity upgrades and/or network swap outs projects.
- Experience in establishing relationship and influencing customers and key stakeholders
- Understanding of Australian EME compliance and AMCA regulations
- Experience in multi-vendor network interworking experience (highly desirable)
- Experience using RF Planning tools such as ASSET, ATOLL and/or PLANET
- Some financial acumen
- Working from customer office may be required
- Programming/scripting skills (desirable)
Ericsson offers a truly global company, with a diverse, performance-driven culture, an innovative and engaging environment and opportunities to work across borders. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles – sharing a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients.
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-1st” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
We invite you to join our team as we work together to solve the world’s biggest challenges.
This position is located in Sydney.
Follow us social media –
We will not be providing a work permit/visa for this position
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities.
Please Note: We are only interested in applications from individuals and are not interested in any speculative calls or submissions from Recruitment Agencies.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || Sydney || IT