The Programme Manager Job Role purpose is to manage assigned programmes of work to secure that business benefits are met, customer’s expectations are fulfilled and that the customer relation is handled in the best possible way within the scope of the contract.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Within a programme towards a specific customer, co-ordinates a portfolio of projects, on a day to day basis, on behalf of senior management, to ensure maximum efficiency in the allocation of common resources and skills, to deliver the business benefit.
- Develops and maintains the appropriate environment to support project managers, including the processes and practices for managing projects and the training and coaching of project managers and teams.
- Monitors overall progress and initiates corrective action as appropriate, including updating project managers' plans, to ensure that deliverables are produced on time and within budget.
- Manages exceptions, slippage and issues of priority, and initiates extra activities wherever gaps in the programme are identified.
- Ensures coherence of the programme, by monitoring changes in project portfolio and reassessing whether projects continue to meet business objectives and to use funds efficiently.
- Reports progress of the programme to senior management.
- Managing customer expectations, building and maintaining strong customer relationships in the delivery of customer programme, across all levels of stakeholders.
- Management and resolution of escalations with customer and internally
- Internal stakeholder management across the organization.
- Actively manages Programme risks.
- Process improvement and change – leading and driving to benefit supplier and customer organizations.
- Manage programme finance: ensure financial system monitoring
- Develop the business: participate to contract preparation and to pre-sales meeting
- Develop the CPM discipline: simplify processes, methods and tools with innovative ideas
- PMI PgMP Certification required.
- Leadership skills
- Consultative skills
- Financial understanding
- Business understanding
- Sales and business development skills
- Customer insight
- Negotiation and argumentation skills
- Project management skills
- Problem solving
- Presentation and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking
- Persuading & Influencing
- Leading & Supervising
- Relating & Networking
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
- Planning & Organizing
Minimum Qualififcation & Experience Requirements:
- PMI PgMP Certification
Preferred Qualification & Experience Requirements:
- Project Sales Process
- Contract management
- 3rd pp suppliers management experience
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || London || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 259683