Study Driver - Radio system
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
We are now looking for a Radio Study driver, this role is one of key technical leadership roles in Systems Management within PDU Radio. You will be part of exiting journey leading the system work from customer request into design implementation teams of cutting edge technology. In this role you have possability to develop both broad system and design competence and your leadership skills, leading cross functional team’s cross organizational boundaries.
You will drive technical requirements, investigations, and studies of new radio product solutions. Starting with requirements derived from customer requests through strategic product management, into a phase of study and continuous analysis and requirement break-down into radio, ERS, and RAN levels. You will be involved in several parts of the development cycle, early phase TA and pre-dev, hardware design, software design, integration, verification, simulations, tools design and Product Lifecycle Management support. Our focus is on Lean and Agile ways of working. We organize in cross functional development teams in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work.
Responsibilities & Tasks
• Drive Radio solutions system and design studies – to propose solution concepts and system design proposal of radio solutions in the Ericsson Radio System.
• Lead & manage different cross functional teams within systems and design departments globally
• Interact with Strategic Product Management and technical experts to define the product requirements
• Perform requirement breakdown to Radio level (SW and HW).
• Experience in HW Design or System design or Radio product or Ericsson Radio System/Radio Access Network system and design knowledge
• Build efficient teams
• Self-organized, result oriented and planning skills
• Product Development Knowledge and Product Life Cycle Management Knowledge
• High focus on meeting customer expectations
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
• MSc level in a technical discipline or the equivalent level of knowledge
• Fluency in English oral as well as written
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in product development in telecom or relevant areas
• Good understanding of Project management (e.g. Manage budget, time plan, resources, risks, multiple sites)
You ideally have:
• Experience in Radio HW and SW design implementation, architectures, integration and verification
• Experience in Ericsson Radio System/Radio Base Station HW and SW design implementation, architectures, integration and verification
• Radio Requirement refinement and allocation skills
• Broad competence in Ericsson product portfolio
• Customer interaction related experience
• Documented work as technical leader in advanced technical projects including both HW and SW with team sizes from 5-50 people.
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible. For any questions and clarifications reach out to the recruiter, Hema Powar, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 259542